I know that's not how it goes, but that's my version; therefore, the better version

"I like her so much, you know I do but I just..." Madison sighs and lights a cigarette. "…can't."

"Put that out! You know my mom is not having it." I warn my friend when I see my Mom getting dropped off by her driver.

She only uses the driver when she takes the Maybach out. Come on, that's the type of car you get driven in and not drive. Wait, does that make me sound snooty?

"Chill, I'm a grown ass woman." She says waving me off.

"Ooook." I say shaking my head.

She can't say I didn't warn her ass!

My mom's pretty chill, you can do or say just about anything and she doesn't get mad, but smoking is one thing that sets her off.

I think we were probably 13 or 14 when my mom caught my brother smoking; oh she flipped her shit. She made that boy sit down on the table and smoke the whole damn pack. I felt so bad for him but deep down he deserved it. That was the same pack Madison and I were sharing at the time. The fucker stole it. Safe to say Glen quit for good.

"Hey Girls." My mom greets us as she walks towards the front door. She did double take at my best friend; who is like a second daughter to her and says, "Madison, put that shit out!"

HA! Told you!

"Sorry Paula." She cringes as she puts the cigarette out on the ground.

We both stand up and give my mom a kiss before she walks in the house. I make sure my mom is all the way in the house before go in my purse and throw Madison my pack of cigarettes; she wastes no time lighting another one.

"That girl fucking adores you. Why not give it a shot?" She looks like she's really thinking about it. I hope she doesn't pop a vein.

My bad.

That's just mean.

Funny.

But mean.

An I.M. sound coming from one of our phones breaks her from her thoughts.

She checks her cell and I can see the disappointed look form on her face when she realizes it wasn't her's ringing. She nods her head in my direction, then she throws her Sidekick back in her bag and continues smoking, looking off in the distance. I watch her for a moment before taking my cell out and flipping it open.

Her and Taylor really need to get it together.

Music Makes Me High: You busy?

I almost let a smile form on my face but I caught myself this time. I've been told that I always have the biggest smile on my face when I talk to her, and I don't like it one bit!

IM Kinda A Big Deal: Not really just chilling with my girl. What you doing?

Music Makes Me High: I'm at my little sister's game.

IM Kinda A Big Deal: Aww how cute.

"Madison Duarte! Didn't I say to put that shit out!?" My mom's voice startles us.

"Sorry." Madison says as she puts out her cigarette for the second time.

"Both of you get in the house, I made brownies."

Yay!

We say an 'okay' as we follow her in the house.

I glance down at my phone to see if Ashley replied.