The God in chains - part 4

(I planned for this to be 3 parts but part 3 was getting really long)

"You loved me" she interrupted in a tone of disbelief.

"Yes Sif. I did. Once. I am sad to say that pedestal no longer exists, I suppose, well, I just wanted you to know" he did seem sad, hopeless, she could tell he was being genuine, and did not mean anything as mockery.

She shook her head, as if shaking the thoughts from her mind, she cleared her throat and looked back up at him, like nothing had changed "what did you expect me to say in return?"

He snickered and turned away "I did not expect you to return any of what I have said"

"So why tell me?" Although he had already said why he told her, she was in a sort of shock.

"I just wanted to get it off my chest" he looked back and smiled "so to speak" he went to his bed and laid down, facing away from Sif "I have nothing more to say, you can leave me now"

How could he just dismiss her like that? She deserved more of an explanation, but her mind began to ache and she was somewhat angry with him, to tell her something like this and then just tell her to go away, was not only rude, but careless "I saw you once" she said quietly.

Knowing she would only ever say this once and that it probably wouldn't make a difference, she thought back to a memory of him, one of the only fond ones she had "you were walking through the market. I was there for armer when I heard the people whispering, I knew one of the princes was in the market, I had needed to speak with Thor but instead I found you"

Loki tried to think of such a memory, he had only been to the market a few times, he did not enjoy the looks he got from the people "there were some children, four boys and one girl" he knew now which memory she spoke of "they were teasing her about her dress, her hair, how small she was. No one else seemed to care, no one but you. You used your magic to scare them away and you wiped the tears from the girls cheek, I remember exactly what you said"

"Don't let them tease you" Loki interrupted, it seemed he remembered his exact words too "they may be boys but they aren't stronger than you. I know a warrior, a female warrior, she is beautiful, one of the most beautiful goddesses I have ever laid eyes on. But, she is also strong, she can defeat any man with a lift of her pinkie finger"

Sif remembered when she watched him say those things to that little girl, he smiled warmly, his tone was genuinely reassuring, the little girls face lit up the more Loki spoke "and just like her, you can be strong, and beautiful, no matter what they say" when he finished speaking he looked down, unable to believe she held on to such a memory.

"It was the kindest I had ever seen you, I realised how handsome you were, your smile, your eyes, your voice, I realised how talented you were, I realised the potential you were wasting on trickery. It saddened me. I went on about my business. I completely forgot about that until now, the more mischief you caused the more I believed I had dreamt it all"

Loki turned his head to the side, his tone soft and somewhat sad "pleasant dreams Lady Sif" she realised a tear rolling down her cheek and she wiped it away, turning from the cell and leaving the prisons. There was nothing more for her to say. When she left he fell back onto the bed, a wide smile on his lips, hope in his eyes, and a plan to make her love him in return.

"Man, you've got it bad" the inmate opposite him said, a slight chuckle in his voice.

Loki turned his head "do shut up" he spat, the he turned his head back and carried on plotting.

Sif however was confused, this didn't change anything, she wasn't going to go weak at the knees and set him free, perhaps that was his plan all along, to try and make her see he wasn't all bad and then she would let him out, they would run away together and be happy. No. She wasn't as malleable as he may have thought, she was strong willed and knew her place. Loki was a prisoner and a prisoner he must remain.

Apparently after Jane got herself infected and came to Asgard, and then some dark elves from Odin only knows where, came and tried to take Jane and killed Frigga, Thor had a different idea about Loki's imprisonment.

When Sif saw Loki and saw Jane punch him square in the face, she had mixed feelings about it, she half tried not to laugh and was half worried if she had hurt him, but of course he came back with a witty remark. As they were just leaving and Sif was staying behind to buy them some time, she put her sword to Loki's throat "you betray him, and I'll kill you"

He laughed adorably and looked back at her, there was longing and lust in his emerald eyes "it's good to see you too, Sif" he spoke simply but there was seduction in his tone. Slowly she lifted her sword and he walked by, she cleared her head of thoughts of him, straightened herself out and took a breath, preparing for battle.