Chapter 1

*5 years ago*

Ashley's POV
Kylie's been dead for a six months. Alfie was born three weeks ago and Tyler has become very distant.

"Shhh, it's okay." I hushed my crying baby as I bounced about the living room with him in my arms. "Please stop crying." I said taking him to the kitchen.

Tyler was sitting at the table, making his way through a bottle of Whisky.

"Tyler, stop drinking and help me!" I ordered.
"Fuck off." He replied, dribbling a bit of the alcohol.
"Don't you dare talk to me like that. You are not leaving me for alcohol."
"I already have. Alcohol doesn't complain. You don't understand my pain."
"Listen to me, it takes two to make a baby and it takes two to raise it. You will help me! I'm not carrying this relationship on my own!" I raised my voice, but trying not to upset Alfie even more.
"I'm not clueless to the pain you are in. I know you lost your daughter. She was like my daughter too-"
"She's not your daughter! She never was! Kylie was my child and Brandi's!" He yelled, scaring Alfie and making him cry.
"I loved that girl like she was mine Tyler! Who sat beside you in that hospital because you couldn't leave her? Who looked after you? I hate to tell you, but that was me. I looked after you! I know it's not what you want to hear, but, you have a son, you have to start looking after him and becoming a proper father to him! If you don't, I'm out of here with him and finding someone else. I won't take this crap with a three week old baby. Either you get your shit together, or we go." I shouted in anger, then storming out the room.

I took Alfie up to my room and cradled him until he fell asleep.
I layed him down on the bed and went to find Tyler again.

There was a big written on the table in the kitchen.

'To Ash,
Gone out. Don't try to find me.
I love you and Alfie.
Please don't look for me, I don't want you to find me at the bottom of the bridge, dead.
~ Tyler'

'Oh fuck! He's going to kill himself!' I thought to myself before running back up to Alfie, then going out to the car.

After buckling him in, I got into the front seat and began driving as fast as I could.

I spotted Tyler in the distance, standing on the bridge.
I jumped out the car and ran to him.

"I told you not to look for me."
"Are you crazy? Why would I leave you? I love you."
"I love you too. So, if you love me, let me go. I'm a wreak without Kylie. I need her. I want her back. I can't go on." He began crying.
"Hey, I miss her too. I want Kylie back, but, we have a son together. He needs us to stay strong. I'm not letting you go through this alone. I didn't leave you then so why the hell would I leave you now?" I asked as I helped him down and he fell into my arms.
"I'm so sorry." He sobbed.
"Hey, it's okay. I know what you're going through. I miss her too." I sighed hugging him.

We took a slow and steady walk back to the car, then I drove us back home.

"Hey, I'm proud of how strong you've been for the last year." I said taking Tyler's hand as we stopped in the driveway.
"Thanks Ashley, I couldn't ask for anyone better." He smiled.
___________________________
Who likes this???
The next chapter will be set in the present :)
~ Charlotte xoxo