TETHM {2}

RINGGGGG RINGGGGGG RINGGGGGG”

                “Alright class, please turn in your assignments as you walk out of the door,” Ms. Matthews said. Everyone in my English class got up from their seats and started to file passed her desk and then out the door.

“Umm Ms. Matthews, can I talk to you about something personal?” Ms. Matthews looked up at me at first with a little shock and worry, but then as if she understood already what I was going to say. “Sure dear, what’s on your mind,” She replied closing her grade book and motioning for me to take a seat. I gladly took the seat and contemplated how to approach the subject.

“Ms. Matthews, do you have a boyfriend?”

“Yes, yes I do,” she stated like she half knew where I was going to go with the conversation.

“Well,” I stammered a bit, “When you first met him what was it like?”

“When I first met him,” she paused, “It was as if my brain couldn’t focus on anything other than him. I just had to see him all the time. I went over to hang out with him so much, I was afraid he would get bored of me. But, somehow the love between us has never faded.”

“Wow! That is amazing. Though I do wonder, if you guys love each other so much, why haven’t you gotten married,” I inquired because it seemed odd to me.

“That is easy. You see, in our families getting married isn’t necessary. We just kind of know that we will stay together,” Ms. Matthews responded clearly leaving something out.

“Oh I see. Well thanks Ms. Matthews this really helped me a lot. Even though I am not sure what to do now, I feel much better about it.”

“Well good. Remember you can come talk to me whenever you want. My door is always open,” Ms. Matthews said whole-heartedly.

“Sure thing,” I said with a big smile as I exited the classroom.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Author's note: Quick thing I know this part was really short, but I couldn't bring myself to add more