Part 12: The Connection

Start from the beginning

On the bright side, the war has ended. We won. That was what I tried to take more notice in rather the expressions of my teammates as they swallowed my fatality. Another shot in the chest.

They were silent for a while, but knowing there was not much to do but sulk, one of them suggested to let themselves clean up. As I had. Steve was unsure to leave at first, but must have realized as the Cap himself, he had to be strong for the team. But Pietro was not easy to convince to leave. At least Wanda was there to help him find the approval that could let him leave me.

Although, one other person who didn't motion to leave was the red man. It. I'm pretty sure he has a name by now, but I don't know it. For some strange reason, it feels like it's on the tip of my tongue. But the longer I watched It stare at the door where my body was kept, instead of walking away with the rest of the team, he started heading towards the door. Currently, I'm standing by the end of the hall, watching him follow a path that leads him to the door with no hesitation, but with curiosity. Once he walked past me, he comes closer to the door. What catches me off guard was when it looked like he was going to hit the door, he ends up walking right through it.

No one seems to notice that he departed from the group until Wanda looks back with worry and asks, "Vis?" That's his name? She had looked back just a second before Vision had went completely through the door. She reaches out for Pietro's wounded arm and he too looks back at the door. "Vision?"

All of a sudden, I find myself back inside the examination room. Almost as if I was pulled inside from the hallway. Something that wasn't in my control teleported me into the room. I turn around to see It—I mean Vision—standing beside me, my body, looking at my face. I walk around to be able to see his expression. It's hard to read what he must be thinking about this. Seeing me, my dead body. I wonder about that. Then, I take notice as to why I want to think about his actions at all.

Suddenly, my eyes are blinded by a flash of gold light. I cover my eyes trying to see where it was coming from. I circle the room to stand out of the light, but the light dims only a moment later. I find myself standing in front of door as I manage to get better angle of the light but seeing it, I follow it finding Vision standing to my right. He continues to stare at me with curiosity that I couldn't even tell if he was blinking. Yet it seems we are both curious about what caused the unexpected bright glow of light.

My eyes slowly looked up at the yellow gem on Vision's forehead. I notice that the light grows more intense with each step Vision takes, each step getting closer to me. Once he's standing at the head of my body, he lifts his hand, shaping it as a cup. He keeps his hand above my right cheek, frozen in that one spot—unsure of what to do next, but his face seems like he knows what to do.

The moment his fingertips were at the slightest to touching my porcelain skin, the doors flow wide open, slamming against the wall like a canon had gone off. Pietro marches inside the room with Wanda and the rest of the team behind them. Vision doesn't bother to look up at the others, already placing his focus on me while his hand hasn't moved an inch.

Pietro stands by, keeping his face stiff, but I can tell he wants to do something from how tense he becomes. I look down, catching his hands balling into fists. He seems angry, yet curious at what Vision is going to do. After he takes one more step, the golden yellow light from that gem on Vision's head glows throughout the room, blinding us all.

Everyone either lifted a hand to cover their eyes or turn away from the golden beam of light. It only lasts for a few seconds, but that was enough time for Pietro to determine what Vision is doing could do something to me. To my body. Vision still hasn't moved his hand as he was not affected by the light, as if he didn't see it. In fact, it seems this motivated him to move his hand closer.