Deep in the Night

Mikey

.................

"Ivory you are going to my house, now." I told my daughter.

"But Mikey... excuse me... Dad can't we leave in the morning?" Replied Ivory.

"No we have to leave, this woman you are living with isn't your real mom. She isn't even your adoptive mom. She stole you from me and your REAL mother Alicia in the middle of the night 12 years ago."

"Well... dad... let's leave. Now."

Ivory packed her things to go to my house.

"Umm... Dad, I have all of my stuff packed and ready!" Ivory said.

"That isn't a lot Ivory. That's only two bags from your ENTIRE room."

"That's all Stephanie ever gave me. She was never a good "mother". She has never set foot in any school I have ever gone to, she only gives me her old clothes, whenever she does buy me "new clothes" they are from Goodwill, I am not allowed to have friends, the only places I am allowed to go are school and home, and worst of all I have never been to a public place besides school."

"You're saying you have never been to a store, or a resteraunt, or a mall?"

"No sir, I have not."

"You know what Ivory? As soon as 8:00 hits I am taking you to the mall to eat ALL the junk food and buy ALL the clothes you would like. You know what else I will let you do too if you want? I will let you pierce your ears and dye your hair!"

"Really dad! That is amazing! I love you so much!"

That is when Ivory gave me the biggest hug I have ever seen in my entire life. I have never known what it feels like to genuinely be loved by somebody so much. From then on I vowed to give this girl the best life she could ever get, and the best love and home she could ever get.