He had popped the truck and allowed me to grab my belongings. When my stuff and I had were finally out of his car he stepped on the gas leaving me in a cloud of dissipating dirt in the middle of my gravel driveway. I coughed from the amount of dirt that had made its way down my throat and brushed my Kiss band t-shirt off. 

"Kay ass hole, thanks!" I yelled back at his cab as if he could hear me. 

Turning around on my converse covered heels my eyes saw my house sitting exactly how I left it. I gave a small smirk before grabbing the handle of my suitcase and  making my way up the wooden porch steps to the screened in front door. With a deep breath, inhaled I knocked on the door awaiting the familiar face of my mom  to soon appear.

 -- 

"Wow Drew, this is a huge surprise!" My mom exclaimed for probably the 12th time since I had been home over 2 hours ago.

"Mom, I know you told me." I said taking a seat across from her on the coach. 

She looked up at me with her bright green eyes that I never had the privilege to possess and gave a weak smile. "I know but I've missed you so much and I just can't believe your home after so long, and you just look stunning!" 

I gave her a smile and stood up from the sofa to give my mother yet another hug I knew she wanted so badly. 

After what seemed like hours of useless banter between my mother and I the subject of my relationship came up. 

"So Drew, are they any cute British boys that have caught your attention yet." She questioned with a joking wink. 

I thought about the answer to the hanging unanswered question. 

"Well, there's something I wanted to talk to you about..." I stated smiling at the carpeted living room floor.

My mom gave a concerned look back at me but with a hint of a smile still lingering on her lips. 

"Yes?" She asked pulling me to finish. 

"Well ther-" I began but in mid sentence I was cut off by a very loud knock at the front door. 

I looked back at my mom with a look of questioning and rose up taking short strides to the closed front door. Once my hand turned the brass handle and pulled the door open my heart stopped. Standing behind the still closed screen door was Harry. His breathing was heavy, his curly hair was disheveled, his usually clean clothes were caked in a heavy amount of dirt, and his green eyes were widened to a certain extent it seemed nearly impossible. 

"Harry?!" I questioned in a worried tone. 

He was still regaining his breath and couldn't seem to get his words together. 

Pushing the screen door open so I was now on the front porch with Harry, I asked "What the hell are you doing here?" 

He looked back up at me. "I came here to find out why you left I don't understand why you would just move back  home without saying anything to me! Why would you just...

 I must have had a look of confusion on my face for him to stop speaking. I thought about his statement. Harry came all the way here to find out why I had left, and he thought I had moved back here. Did he really care that much?..... 

I crossed my arms over my chest as the night air whisk itself around me, and I stared into his worried eyes once again.

"I came home to visit my family for a while. I didn't move back here." I said kinda laughing with a smirk on my face. 

"Harry, it's fine. I would have told you if I thought you would react like this." I explained still with a smile on my face. 

He was now smiling and laughing at the current situation.There was an awkward silence shared between the two of us as we still stood on the porch.