Today is a great day...

You arrived at the arcade. It was definitely brand new , you could still smell the fresh paint it was kind of nice. You remember when this place was just an old abandoned building but..that was a long time ago, when you were still a little child.

You and Akio would often come here. He had this odd fascination with abandoned buildings, you didn't in fact you were kind of scared of them but as long as Akio was around you didn't feel scared and could easily explore it with him. Sure, you had moments when you got in trouble but it never stopped you from going here secretly. A few years later they started to work on this place again , apparently some rich company bought this place ,  and you couldn't explore it any longer.

You took another look around. " This place really has changed." 

"Yeah..." said Akio looking at the ground with a smile on his face , it seemed he was remembering the good old times. "Say (Y/N) , do you remember when we used to explore this place? Way back in the day." 

"Of course I do." you said sitting down. " I'd never forget the time I spent with you here..or anywhere else " 

" I'm glad to hear that.."

Akio suddenly stood up, you eyes followed him. 

"Alright! We came here to have a good time and a good time we will have! Let's play!" 

You stood up " Yeah!" 

The rest of the evening was spent at the arcade, playing all kind of games. You even got a small Kyubey plushie ! A gift from Akio that he got to  you - after spending most of his money to get one plushie - from a crane game. After playing every game in the arcade and spending most if not all of your money, you two decided to take a walk in the nearby park .

It was  late so the park didn't have many people around , which was good, you didn't like crowded places anyway and the arcade was exactly that. So taking a break from all the noise and people was a good idea. You two set on a bench, near the biggest fountain at the park. Watching the fountain made you relax, it's moments like this that you cherished the most.  Just you two, the sound of water and the beautiful scenery of the park , this is what heaven looks like .  

" I really like spending time with you." said Akio in his unusual calm voice. He was looking at the fountain, his face looked calm and happy but not the type of happy he usually is it was more ...more...more genuine . 

His words came as a surprise to you making you slightly blush and look away. That was also when a thought passed your mind, which made you blush even more. You knew you couldn't keep holding on forever, one day you will have to say it and right now..it looked like the perfect time.

You decided to go through with this. It was now or never. You took all the courage you had and started speaking

"Akio..."

"Hmm?" he looked at you.

"I...I...want...to tell ...y-you something.."

"What is it?..Do you have a fever? You're all red." he sounded very concern.

"No..I'm fine...I just...." you squeezed your hand

"(Y/N).. you're starting to freak me out..." 

"I l..l.."

"L?"

"I like you..."

" Oh, I like you too! You're my best friend after a-"

"That is not what I meant!"