"What was that all about? I thought we were on pretty good terms." I ask Carlos, the only one left in front of me.

"Well," he begins, "you were right when you said that the chat wasn't going well. It was pretty awful actually."

 "Oh. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it. We're from the Isle of the Lost, right? We're tough."

I chuckle, "Right."

There's a few seconds of awkward silence, then I speak up again, "Well, I should probably get going before my parents begin wondering where I'm at. Se ya."

"Yeah. Tomorrow?"

"Probably not. Tomorrow's Saturday."

He chuckles nervously, "Oh yeah."

"But, hey, I'll probably see you Sunday."

"Sunday?"

"Yeah. I don't think I'm supposed to tell you this, but Fairy Godmother or Ben, or someone is supposed to be inviting you four to the actual Family Day celebration. Even though your parents obviously can't be there. It's more of a polite gesture, I guess. So I'll see you then."

"Ok. Sounds good."

---------SUNDAY---------

It's Family Day! I'm super excited, but also not. I had this adorable pencil skirt and yellow top picked out to wear, but my mom thought I would look too much like Tarzan and Jane's daughter, so she insisted that I wear this olive green dress. Sure, it's cute, but I just not what I wanted to wear. At least I still get to wear the purple scarf and black heels that I picked out.

Because of this little debacle, we were a little late. But on the bright side of things, we didn't have to hear Ben and the others sing Be Our Guest. (Which I'm sure was Belle and Beast's idea; it was one of their songs anyways.) Not that it was bad, but listening to them practice during the day, every day, it gets a little old.

When we do arrive, I notice the Four (well, minus Carlos) playing one game of croquet with Ben and his parents, and another game being played between Chad, Lonnie and Doug. My parents go to talk to Aladdin and Jasmine, and I split off.

I head towards Lonnie and the others since it looks like they're about done with their game.

"Hey!" I say excitedly as I hug her.

"Hey girl! You look adorable!"

"Haha, thanks. Although this isn't what I wanted to wear at all."

"But at least you look cute."

"Thanks. So how did Be--what are you looking at?" I turn around and follow her gaze. Not too far away from us, Mal and Queen Leah are conversing. It looks pretty civil now, but I have a weird feeling that it won't last long.

... "I'm new. Kind of like a transfer student."

"Ah, yes."

"Grammy." Audrey steps in. I knew it. If their convo was civil, it won't be soon. She'll ruin it. 

"Oh, Audrey. Give Grammy a kiss, dear."

"Grammy?"

"Sleeping Beauty's mother...Grammy, I don't think you want to be talking to this girl. Unless you want to take another hundred year nap."

"What?" -pause- "You!"

Now Queen Leah got the attention of everyone there. "How are you here? And how have you stayed so young?"

"Queen Leah, it's okay," Ben steps in, trying to stifle the situation, "Maleficent is still on the island. This is her daughter, Mal. Don't you remember my proclamation to give the new generation a chance?"

"A chance to what, Ben? Destroy us?" She turns to Fairy Godmother, "Come on, you remember, don't you? The poison apples? And the spells. Spells. My daughter was raised by fairies because of your mother's curse. So, her first words, her first steps, I missed it all! You mustn't trust her."

"Hey, I'm so--"

"--Go away! Stay away from her!"

"Don't do this, Chad."

"What? They were raised by their parents, Ben. What do you think villains teach their kids? Huh? Kindness? Fair play? No way, okay? Uh uh. You stole another girl's boyfriend." Seriously, Chad? Sometimes I swear you're as bad as Audrey. 

"Hey, hey!"

"You," he points to Jay, "enjoy hurting people. And you, you're nothing but a gold digger and a cheater." he says looking at Evie.

"Mirror, mirror in my hand, who's the biggest jerk in the land?" Evie holds up her mirror and it shows Chad's reflection. 

"What? Come on!" he swats at the mirror, trying to knock it out of Evie's hand.

This gets Jay involved. "Back off, Chad!" he lunges forward, pushing him out of the way, away from Evie.

She then comes forward, and sprays some what looks like perfume in his face, making him fall asleep....I'm guessing it's not perfume.

"Chad? Chad?" Audrey says, concerned, "Evie did something to Chad." Lonnie adds.

Evie looks at what's unfolding, "Come on, Mal."

"Guys!" Ben exclaims.

I also watch as things unfold. This really spiraled out of control quite quickly. (No thanks to Audrey.) I look at my parents, horrified at what just happened. I watch as the Four run away from the scene. And I finally look at Ben, severely concerned and upset with what just happened.

Shortly after this, Chad does wake up, and seems a little out of it, but fine nonetheless. I watch and secretly listen as Ben's parents speak to him.

"I feared something like this would happen."

"This isn't their fault!"

"No, son. It's yours."

They begin to walk away. "Mom?"

Belle looks heartbroken. It's like she knows that she needs to walk away with her husband, but she just desperately wants to hold her son and comfort him.

And with that, everyone decides to slowly, silently, awkwardly leave the event. I'm stuck in my spot, watching as Ben too leaves the scene, trying to hold back tears. My parents, realizing I'm frozen with shock, walk up to me. "Honey, I think it's time to leave." Dad says.

"No."

"What?"

"I can't, Dad. They're my friends, Ben's my friend. I need to see if they're okay."

"After what just happened, I don't want you hanging out with those four kids."

"Roger," Mom says, trying to calm him down.

"No, I'm serious. No more."

"Didn't you hear Ben? It's not their fault! You can't just blame them for what their parents did!" I can feel tears begin to well up. But I hold them back. "I'll just go check on Ben then. I call you later tonight when I'm ready to come home." And with that, I walk away, now letting the tears fall.

---