Chapter 12

Sooner than I expected, random beeping sounds came by the door at exactly 5 : 0 0 o'clock in the morning, making me grab my jacket then the suitcase I had prepared.

Rushing down to get to the door, the lamp light suddenly opened. Slowly turning around, I saw dad sitting on the couch with his legs crossed and his fingers intertwined with each other. “Dad.” I called to break the awkwardness in the air.

He stood up, tucking his hands into his pockets. “You're going out... the first day of your semestral break?” he lifted an eyebrow, lifting his glasses to let it rest on his head.

“I-I talked to Mom and she approved.” I said, holding on to the door knob. Dad slowly walked up toward me.

“Your Mom did. But, how come you didn't bother to ask me, too? Is Mom the only parent you got now?”

I looked down on myself. “Dad, it's not like that--”

He cuts me off wih a nod and what he had to say. “Oh, I know. I'm too busy. You and I haven't talked for a while that's why Mom's the only one out for you these past few days.”

“Dad--” I cut myself off before I could talk myself out of this. “It's just three whole days. Nothing more.”

He wore his glasses back in then, looked into my eyes. He just stood there, staring at me. “Nashi, I know you're 18 but... I don't want you to get hurt. Y-You haven't even talked to us in a while. I wanted my family, our family to be open and close with each other.”

I grabbed both of Dad's hands and leaned in to reach for his cheek, planting a deep kiss. “Dad, this I promise you, when I get home, I will dedicate my everyday vacation with you and Mom, okay? Just.. Lend me a few days and I'll do as I promise.”

Dad looked at me with one eyebrow raised. He stares at our hands, he held them tightly, pulling me by the arms to plant a kiss on my forehead. “Fine.” Dad raised a hand, pointing it towards my eyes. “Nashi, I expect our bonding, alright?”

I bit my lip and smiled. “I LOVE YOU, DADDY!” Then, pulled him into a tight hug before disappearing towards the van Gale had brought.

“That's what she says just because she gets what she wants...” I heard Dad comment.

I wanted to say I heard that but, I was in so much hurry to get inside. Pulling the door to close it, I smiled at Gale when I got to sit in the back where I saw Jer snoozing while his hat covering his eyes as he caught some Zzzs.

I bit my lip, looking up front and realized Gale was driving with no one by his side. “Hey, Gale, you alright by yourself?”

He shrugs. “Nah. Bow's gonna sit here, anyway, so, no biggie.” he smirks, wiggling his eyebrows up and down. “Why don't you take the opportunity and oogle over Jer--hey! Ow!” gale hissed at the pain I gave him through punches and pinches.

“Serves you right for thinking naughty ideas.” I pouted while crossing my arms against my chest. Then, smirked. “...but, I love the idea.”

He shook his head with a wide grin. “Nashi, nashi, nashi... Never became the innocent one.” with a soft chuckle, he started the engine of his van and we took off, going through houses toward Rain's house.

When Gale had stopped in front of her house, I took a long look at it and managed to stay in awe at the size of the building. “...i-is this still considered a house?”

“Apparently, yes.” Gale nodded, biting his lip as he whistled. “Dad once lived in the Fullbuster hotel.”

I nodded in agreement. “Well, that's because they're close friends.”

Just then, a ding sound came from the doors, sliding open, revealing a tiny blue-haired girl wearing sunglasses with spaghetti top, a pair of white flip flops and short shorts with its pockets inside hanging by her thighs. She took off her sunglasses, wearing a wide smile on her face as she gave a big wave at us. “Hey, guys!”

As she ran towards us, another figure came out from the doors, revealing a man wearing a hotel customer service uniform. He panted, “m-madame fullbuster, y-your bags are--”

I didn't manage to hear everything he said but, anyone could tell he was stuck by the entrance, carrying 3 enormous bags. “Ugh!”  Rain clicked her tongue, raised a finger as a signal to wait then she turned around, walking toward the man, making him stand up straight while carrying her bags. He looked scared while being scolded by her. And I could tell a lot of nagging came out. She turned back, heading toward the van with her bags shoved into the back of the van with Gale helping.

Gale wasn't joking.
Rain automatically sat in front of the van, plugging in her earphones. She turns, pulling her glasses off when she saw me. “Hi, Nash.”

I waved a small one with a shy smile then looked in Jeremy's way. “Jerry is so cute when he's not awake.”  Rain giggled, turning in front when Gale shut the doors and the van started up again as we went through the road to get to Splashers.

Staring in Jer's way, I first had to take care of letting Rain's guard down. She seemed occupied while talking with Gale and her jamming with her phone. So, I took the chance, sliding closer to Jeremy, softly and carefully placing my head on his shoulder. When he moved a bit, I flinched. He said something. “N... Sh...”

He lifted an arm and when I was scooting away from him, his arm was placed around my waist, pulling me closer. I looked up front and they didn't take notice. I bit my lip and rested my head on his chest. Th-This is fine... A-After all... W-We're also bestfriends...