Chapter 25 - The Confession

The Christmas Holidas went by extremely quick. I spent the entire two week break at the Potter's home. They owned a lovely two story house that was expensive looking, but welcoming. Charlus and I had grown closer and I began to develop feelings for him, the feelings I had felt when I had first met him.

I wasn't sure if he has any feelings for me, so I didn't make a move or let him know the way I felt. Because if he hadn't liked me back, then our friendship would be ruined and Christmas break would be extremely awkward.

We had gotten back from break about a week ago and the snowfall of January was tremendous and promising. For the past few days, I've been locked up inside the castle because I couldn't go outside and play in the snow. This felt very restricting and it made me quite angry.

Dorea and Matt were still dating and they were very passionate about it. Any chance to show PDA, they took it. They weren't the usual couple that stared at each other lovingly, which was quite strange, but they were still adorable together. The two bickered plenty and were my source of entertainment many times.

At the moment, Charlus and I were cuddled up on a couch, snuggling together to keep warm. If anyone who hadn't known us, they would think of this in a romantic way. I blushed as I thought about Charlus and I being together.

My thoughts were interrupted as a bright flash appeared out of no where. I looked up to see Dorea with a camera and she was giggling as the picture began to fall to the ground. She waved it around for a few minutes to air it out and then smiled quite large when it finally appeared.

"This is adorable!" She squealed while shoving it into my face. Dorea was correct, the picture was adorable. My head was rested on Charlus' chest and he had his arms around me. We both had hints of smiles on our faces and the picture moved to a point where Charlus was staring down at me with an unfamiliar look in his eyes.

"Don't you see the way he looks at her, babe?" Dorea snatched the picture out of my grasps before proudly showing Matt. He just grinned and looked at us, or at Charlus to be specific, and gave him a smirk.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked them, clearly not understanding what had happened. Matt grabbed Dorea's hand and pulled her away, taking the picture with her.

I say up from my position and looked at Charlus in confusion. He sighed before sitting up as well. My body was then turned to face him on the couch thanks to his strong arms.

"Well?" I asked in an accusing tone, Charlus just scratched his neck. Since I knew him quite well, I could tell that this was a sign that he was nervous. What could he possibly be nervous about?

"I know this may sound crazy, and you may completely hate me after this, but I have a confession." I began to worry and Charlus must have noticed because he quickly continued, "I've liked you, really liked you, for a while now. Ever since we met actually, and I meant to tell you on Valentine's Day last year, but someone must have beaten me to it... Anyway, it's been eating me alive for a while now and Matt has been pressuring me into telling you, along with Dorea."

My mouth fell open in shock, I was definitely not expecting this. Charlus took this as a bad sign and a look of devastation crossed his face, "Please say something, Dahl."

He pleaded with me and I immediately knew my answer, I spring forward and crashed my lips to his, taking him by complete surprise. It didn't take him long to react and soon enough, he was kissing me back.

Our kiss didn't last very long, considering the fact that Matt and Dorea had walked back in.

"I see that you did it, finally." Matt commented with a grin on his face. Dorea just smiled brightly at me and laughed as I blushed red.