Onceler x Shy Reader (1ST PART)

Start from the beginning

Thump!

"Ow."

The man suddenly jerked its head towards the sound.

"Did you hear something?" The donkey scoffed for a reply.

"Hello? Who's, there?"

No reply.

You stopped yourself from whimpering from the pain earlier. Suddenly, slight footsteps started to walk towards you. You shoved your scarf to cover up your whole face and started to shiver. What if this man is a psycho? What if he's a murderer? What if-

Your thoughts were suddenly cut off by another hello. You squeezed yourself further in the wheel. You started to think of everything before you got into this trouble, your family, your friends, your animals left in the barn. You were overreacting this time.

"Miss?"

Your heart stopped for a second. Now what kind of psycho would have that voice so handsome? You said mentally. But then, your thoughts changed. Your mind was again filled with dangerous suspicions. You squeezed yourself more. Sweat beads slid down your cheeks.

"Miss? Are you okay?"

The man held out a hand to you. Well, not that extended, but he managed to touch you anyway. You burst out screaming then quickly covering your mouth. That's when you saw who the man was. A young man in his twenties wearing pants, a white shirt, a grey vest, and a fedora on his head. He currently wears a silky, scarlet scarf wrapped around him. He wasn't what you thought he would be.

"..sorry."

"Are you alright?"

"A-Ahm okay."

"What are you doing here?"

"..um."

You have no choice but to stand up and tell him your needs. You slowly stand, hands trembling a little, gently grasping your scarf.

"AhwasactuallygointoaskyaifIcanhitcharidetoyourhomebutahwasafraidso.."

"Say what now?"

"Uh.. Can ah, stay at yours, for tonight?"

"Well, you can but.."

"I-It's okay if ya do not.."

"Can you handle animals?"

Your eyes widen at this. "What animals?" This excited you.

"Well, a few Swoomie swans, some Humming fishes and a lot of Bar-Ba-Loots."

"Ah don't know what they are and how they look like, but ah'd like to meet them."

"If you say so."

•••

"It is really cozy in here."

"Go on. Feel at home. I'm the Onceler, by the way." He reached out to you to shake hands, wearing a smile you never though a psycho should have.

"Ah'm (y/n)." A slight tingling sensation suddenly went down your spine the moment you shook your hands with him. Instead of smiling, you grab your scarf up again your face.

The Onceler stood up and quickly returned with a bag of something you didn't eat in the country.

"Marshmallows?"

Your eyes widen again. It's been hours after your last meal, and you couldn't help but drool.

Maybe, maybe this is a trap.

Oh, don't you even think about it! He's just being nice.

"Come on."

Controlled by hunger, you grabbed a thing or two and popped them into your mouth. You slowly chewed and secretly savored the fluffiness of each marshmallow in your mouth, now melting inside.

"So tell me something about you. Why are here in he first place?"

What am I going to say? Where am I going to start?

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"N-Nothin'."

"Well, you can start now."

And so you told him your life in the country and the night was miraculously filled with chuckles and smiles here and there, produced by the two figures, sitting cozily inside the tent.

"What time is it, mister?"

"Oh, come on. I don't want to hear you calling me a mister. I want you to call me by my name. Understand?"

"A-Ah understand.. Oncie."

"Good- Wait, what did you call me?"

"O-Oncie. A-Ah thought it would be great if ah call ya by that. Ya somehow remind me of mah brother.."

"Uh, I think I like it. Sounds great to me.. Well, it's already half past midnight and I think we should get some sleep."

You quickly blushed and you don't know why. Maybe because you have such a dirty mind, or maybe because you thought his actions were handsome.

"W-Where do ah sleep? Ah mean, ya don't, I- well.." You raise your scarf for the umpteenth time.

"You go sleep in my bed. I'll sleep on the couch."

"No, wait! A-Ah'd like to sleep on the couch."

"You want to sleep with me?"

Your face heated up quickly and your eyes widened up. A chuckle came put of the Onceler's mouth.

"N-No. Ya misunderstood me." You said sternly.

"Yeah right. Are you sure with that?"

"Yes."

"Well then, good night, (y/n)."

"Goodnight. Oncie.."

A soft chuckle echoed through the walls and was soon replaced by cricket chirps.

And off you go to sleep.

•••

A/N: Ohaiyo people. So, you see, I'm not good at making one shots. Instead, I make short stories. Should I call them that instead? Anyways, did you enjoy it? Not yet contented? Don't worry. I'll make a part 2. Don't forget your requests! Goodbye, little Oncelings!