Onceler x Shy Reader (1ST PART)

A/N: So, here is the first part. I don't know if this is a one shot because I tell you, this will be very long. This actually came up in my mind after I woke up this morning. I hope you enjoy this! Til the next update, my little Oncelings!

••

You just moved in to Greenville after you decided to leave your family on the countryside. You're all grown up now, with hair as smooth as silk, light reflecting from its (h/c) nature. Your height doubled, your physique got more powerful, but only one thing in you stayed the same. You're still a shy, country girl, covering half of your face with your (fav. color) scarf, moving ever so gently. Your pale, thin hands stayed still inside your sweat shirt's pocket.

You searched for every apartment Greenville has. But after hours of searching, the sun was already beginning to set, and you still have no home. No one even thought of approaching you, or asking you. But you did not give up.

"H-Hey. Mah name's (y/n), and ah was wonderin' if-"

Slam!

"Oh, okay. Not open for guests, ah guess."

You searched and searched, until every open building in town was already closed. Some are already eating dinner, and you still haven't eaten lunch. You felt hopeless, but decided to continue the search the next day.

"I guess I'll have to continue tomorrow."

Just then, a man with a wagon passed by, mumbling. You thought of asking him if you could hitch a ride to his house, but then you remembered your mom's reminder.

"Do not approach people who you aren't sure of. Life nowadays is just dangerous."

You stayed by that quote. You let the figures pass by your place, until some kind of disturbing sound came upon your insides.

Gurggggh.

"Ahm never gonna make it tomorrow."

Suddenly, your legs moved and walked towards the wagon on its own, making you raise up your scarf higher than the usual. The road became narrower and narrower until you reached a place where trees with tufts in different colors stood straight up. You could not believe your eyes. Your legs continued to walk until the man stopped and mumbled something to himself. Or talked to his donkey.

You peeked behind the wagon and saw a tent (or maybe a cottage) built in the middle of nowhere. You quickly felt, home. The tent looked cozy enough for the night. You hid behind the wagon and slowly put your hands inside your pocket.

"At least ahm in somewhere that looks like home now."

The night was quickly approaching and the grass was becoming moist. The air was also changing, from humid to cold. You suddenly felt slipping but ignored as you continued to gaze upon the beautifully built building.