Chapter-21 *Trouble*✔

Start from the beginning

When the professor dismissed us, I sighed from relief. I shoved my things in my bag.

"What's the hurry? Can't stand me?" He looked at me with a cheeky glint in his eyes.

I rolled my eyes and closed my bag. I was about to take a step when his words startled me, "So, I'm distracting you. I hope it's in good way." I could sense the tease in his voice.

Shit, shit! I bit my tongue.

That was why he was winking? God!

I really need to control my big mouth.

I didn't reply, instead I resumed walking so that I could escape his teasing. But, luck wasn't in my side today!

"Hey wait." I flinched hearing his voice behind me.

Breathe, Jazz! Calm down.

Why couldn't he just leave me alone?

"I don't want to talk to you, Max. Just leave me alone!" I said, getting frustrated.

"I just want to talk to you."

"I don't want to talk to you. Don't you get it?" I replied through gritted teeth.

"If I've done something then, look, I'm sorry, but-"

That's it! I couldn't hold it anymore.

I interrupted him, "Why the hell won't you leave me alone? Stop being so nice because I know it's not the real you. You don't need to break your rules for me, okay? Whatever you're planning, just stop it! I'm not going to fall for any of your stupid, pathetic tricks! Let me give this to you straight. Stay. Away. From. Me."

Thank God! We were alone, otherwise it could be great show!

Max stared at me with wide eyes. I may have crossed the line and over-reacted but it wasn't in my control, which made me more angry and frustrated. I was definitely going crazy knowing that he was changing for me. Why me? He didn't need to do that because it was completely wrong.

He remained silent as I simply walked towards my locker. I knew I hurted him and I should apologize, but I won't. This was the best for both of us. This way, we wouldn't hurt each other anymore.

I tried concentrating on my next class, but it was very difficult as my eyes were continuously searching for someone with whom I didn't want to know.

My stomach flipped when I realized Max wasn't attending the class.

When the lunch break came along, Max wasn't there. Maybe he was skipping, but why?

I shouldn't dwell on those things. It was none of my business if he was skipping or not. In fact, I had more important things to look after.

While sitting alone in the cafeteria, I decided to check my email account and noticed an email from Mahi.

I swiped my thumb over the screen, mentally arguing not to open it. At the end, I decided to open it later in my free time as it would only be her teasing me. I took a deep breath and finished my cheeseburger quickly. I was about to leave when Noah arrived with Jelline and stopped at my table. He nodded, signaling that I should talk to her first.

"Hey," I greeted her.

"Hello," she said and hugged me suddenly.

I hugged her back and when she pulled out, gave her a confused look.

She cleared her throat. "I'm sorry for avoiding you, but I just couldn't believe what I heard about you and Max. He is such a jerk.” She glanced at Noah who squeezed her shoulder and nodded. “You know, there was a time when I really liked him, but he used me and broke my heart," she added sadly, and my mouth gaped open.

Foreign Boy Took My Heart (Completed)✔ On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara