Chapter four

CHAPTER FOUR

••••••••••••••Twilight's POV••••••••

After Luna and I had that very strange, and short, talk with Celestia, we went back to the dinning hall. When Luna and I got there, we saw Celestia calming down all the guests. I guess my "amazing plan" didn't work out that well. They were bound to see that we were missing, and they did.

"Please calm down, everypony." I heard Celestia say. "We are here. You do not need to fret." At soon as she said that, all the ponies in the room became less panicked and calmed down. Some ponies were asking Celestia questions. I could hear some of the questions and some of the answers Celestia gave them as I stood with Luna by the door.

"Where were you?" A pony asked.

"It's nothing to worry about." Celestia answered.

"Where is the party going to be held?"

"In the grand courtyard."

"I had a wonderful time at breakfast."

"Why, I'm glad!"

And that's about all I could hear. Luna then tapped my shoulder. I flinched, but then turned my attention to her.

"Well, looks like it's time for the party. Hope we don't loose Celestia again." Luna joked. I smiled. The party was going to be big (why wouldn't it?) and ponies were bound to get lost in the big crowd of guests. I had to be careful not to get lost! The courtyard where Celestia said that the party would be held is a big place. I've been there before for other activities and festivals before.

I nodded, smiling. I glanced over at Celestia. She was gathering all the ponies to get ready for the party. I really did wonder what Celestia meant by what she said back at her suite. What was it supposed to mean? "You'll soon find out". It had to of concerned me. But, I didn't know what that could be. Maybe a present. Maybe she was just putting up some decorations she couldn't wait for me to see. Maybe it was a new food or drink. I had no idea, but I was inching to see what it could be.

Celestia then turned around and faced Luna and I. "Now, lets go and start the party, shall we not?" Celestia's eyes were filled with happiness, like she didn't even care about the strange words she said back at the suite. Luna flashed me a happy glance, and I just stood there, trying to smile. I knew that somewhere and sometime at this party I would begin to think of my friends again. I had already been through so much pain today whenever I thought about any of them. Rarity's dresses. Applejack's apples. Fluttershy's kindness. It was only a matter of time before Rainbow Dash's coolness or Pinkie Pie happiness could fill my mind.

"Yeah." I stated. "Lets go." Luna and I moved aside to let Celestia pass through the door. The guests let us follow behind her before walking out behind us. The guests were being very polite down the hall. They didn't talk, and only looked at the pictures and murals in the hall to the Grand Courtyard. I tried so hard not to think of my friends down the way there. I thought of the time that Luna and I flew so high at night, we almost touched the stars. Really, we didn't, but that moment felt so magical and amazing. To touch Luna's stars she brings out at night. When I was a pony in Ponyville, with my friends, I always wondered what it would be like to touch the sky. Rainbow Dash could touch the sky, since she had wings. When I finally became an Alicorn, I was finally able to touch the stars. With Luna's help of course.

I thought about all those wonderful times with Luna for a few minutes. It didn't work so well though. I kept thinking about Rainbow Dash. She was always ready for a challenge, and loved to fly. She touched the top of the world more times then I could count. Memories of Rainbow Dash flooded my mind.