Sure there is, thought the man who was seated on the table at the corner of the cafe. He was dressed in a black coat. Wait until they see the surprise I've got for them.

"Let's get back into the TiMo," said Dr Khan as he sipped his coffee.

"What's TiMo?"

"The name of my time machine. Why, isn't that a nice name?"

"I would prefer something more exotic than TiMo."

"Too bad the name stays," said Dr Khan as he finished his coffee, threw it into the waste bin and walked out of the cafe. Andrea followed him a moment later, unaware that their movements were being followed.

The man who was watching them, casually tucked his newspaper aside and walked out of the cafe unnoticed. As he noticed Dr Khan and Andrea walking back to their time machine, he muttered under his breath, "They have no idea what are they returning to."

**********************

Present (Dr Khan's version)

The timeline that Dr Khan and Andrea returned to, however, was a far cry from the original. Dr Khan was shocked to see his laboratory converted into a Chinese restaurant. He confronted the restaurant employees, and asked him about the laboratory that had existed. "Sir, there had never been any lab in this area."

"Do you even know who I am?"

"No," said an employee, "We have never seen you before."

Dr Khan noticed that some of his students were sitting in the restaurant. He noticed that they were staring at him, as if they had never seen him before.

"Who's that?" asked one of the girls in a low whisper.

At once, Dr Khan knew what had happened. He rushed back to the store where Andrea was waiting.

"My life! Andrea, my life's gone!" yelled Dr Khan. He proceeded to narrate what he had seen.

"Dr Khan, it's happened to you too!" said Andrea.

"Come on," said Dr Khan, "We need to get to a safe place."

"Oh no you aren't!" said a voice from behind.

Just as they were to enter the time machine, four muscular young men clad in black approached them. They pushed Dr Khan and Andrea to the ground. Dr Khan tried to retaliate, but the men were too strong for him. The men bashed the scientist up as Andrea was pinned to the ground by another man.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" yelled Andrea as she had a sudden burst of strength. She pushed the man who was holding her aside, and approached the men who were beating up Dr Khan.

Andrea stunned the men as she karate-kicked the men. Someone came back to fight back but Andrea displaced him easily. Another man tried to bear-hug Andrea but she swooped behind and pushed him to the wall with all of her strength. She took a metal rod nearby and threw it at the men. Three of them fell onto the floor, but one man remained unscathed.

"Wow lady," said the man with an impressed voice, "I'm impressed."

"You better be," said Andrea with a determined voice, "And you better take that back home with you."