2. Flowers

He had always loved flowers. It was some of the things his late mother liked, and they did make the surroundings a bit more pleasing to the eye. They even smell nice.

It wasn't unusual for him to buy flowers as he often did, just to have something on display at the office. But lately..

"O! Good morning po, sir, nandito na naman kayo!"

..he has been buying every- single- day.

It hasn't been long since he stumbled upon the quaint flower shop near the office. He remembered it being manned by a pleasant old lady in the first few days, only to be taken aback when he came inside. He was greeted by a bright girl his age, looking all too perfect as she took care of his bouquets.

"Para sa office po ba ulit?" She asked gently, her voice snapping him out of his thoughts. He nodded. "Ano naman po ang flowers na gusto ninyo today?"

"...'yung mga puti," he said, pointing at white peonies and roses. "And baby's breath."

She simply gave him a nod, arranging the bouquet in the way she knew he liked. When he began moving around, she sighed in relief- being watched by him flustered her- who wouldn't be so? He was a good-looking young man, he was polite, and he smelled good..

She cleared her throat. Meng, ang isip.

"Miss?" She glanced at him, blinking when he found him holding on a big, long-stemmed Sunflower. "Pati eto, pero 'wag mong isama sa bouquet, may pagbibigyan ako."

Oh. She couldn't quite explain the disappointment she felt- of course, it was impossible for a handsome man like him to NOT have a girl, given his good looks and breed. What was she thinking?

It didn't mean that he liked her just because he was constantly going to the shop.

She shouldn't have assumed.

"..ah, okay po, sige."

She took the sunflower and tied a white ribbon on the stalk, near the bloom. Finally tying the bouquet together, his order was complete. Transactions were made, and now, she's going to watch him leave yet again.

She turned to fix her working table, a pout on her lips as she went around, only to be startled when he came right back in.

"May nakalimutan ako," he apologized, and she shook her head. She thought it wasn't anything, so she went on with her business.

..at least, until he tapped on her shoulder and handed her the sunflower.

She blinked. "...s-sir?"

"Have a good day," he smiled before rushing out of the shop, leaving her stunned inside.

A smile crept on her lips slowly, and she chuckled, holding the stalk close to her.

"Kayo rin po."