And, the reason I was even forced into this was because I was thirsty. I mean, couldn’t they have a person drive through with no interactions. All I wanted was a smoothie. I could hear a couple behind me arguing on who the cheater was. I was guessing that I busted another pair of headphones. At least they still worked well enough to hide most conversations in here. I could hear the couple more clearly because they were the closest to me; a few feet behind me.

     Unable to take it, I stood and whirled on them, placing my hands firmly and angrily onto the table top. “He’s cheating on you, okay?” I shouted at the girl who stared back in a shocked silence. I turned to the guy, his confused face slowly growing angrier as he processed what I said. I could see that he was angry at my accusation, but fuming because it was actually true.

     “Now, can you take you argument elsewhere? It’s grading!” I turned around with an angry huff as I walked away from them. I hadn’t taken my headphones out so I didn’t hear the guy call out to me. But, I did feel him grip onto my shoulder and whirl me around to face him.

     “Who do you think you are?” his tone light and sarcastic screamed at me.

     “Um, I don’t know.” I said with a wave of my hands, uninitiated. “An innocent bystander to your fight you butt muncher.”

     “What are you,” he said with his hands still gripping my shoulder. “Like, ten?”

     “What are you,” I mocked. “A wife beater?” I sneered down at his hands. “Because this hurts.” I wiggled my shoulder a fraction, trying to maneuver away from him.

     He twitched and I felt like I struck a chord with him. “What the F***! No!” and then I gritted my teeth as the wave of a lie washed over me in a slow crawling electrical current. Suddenly, I was intimidated. Suddenly, I was scared at what this man might be capable of. But, this was a public place. He wouldn’t do anything, Right?

     I looked back up into his eyes as the wave passed over me. I tried to keep my steady, hard and unintimidated gaze on him. But, I felt like it was slipping fast. What if he was a psycho and wouldn’t care that people were here as witnesses? “Let go.” I said through gritted teeth because it was actually becoming more painful- his grip on my shoulders.

      And, that was when I felt a hand on my shoulder wrenching this guys hand off. I looked down as the gold hand pulled his fingers back. As this steroided guy’s arm followed the motion to try and relieve some pain. As his mouth dropped open into a gasp of surprise. And then, another fist was flying through the air, past my shoulder and straight towards the guys face. It connected sickeningly and I winced at the violent actions.

     I opened my eyes and looked behind me to see a broad expanse of a chest lightly covered by a nondescript blue tee. But, I wasn’t able to look up at the saviors face as he was pushing me away from the guy and out the front door. I stumbled out from the quick and forceful thrust my savior gave me before turning around. And my breath hitched in my throat. He was handsome, very much so.

     He looked about nineteen or twenty with his strong and defined jaw, the well concentrated gaze of his eyes, which were a beautiful stormy green, all dark and dangerous. He had a lithe body, finely compacted and sinuous with a surprisingly broad chest and shoulders. And he had light almond hair with copper glints streaked through it.

     “Are you okay?” the stranger asked.

     Instead, I was fixated on his self. He saved me and he was extremely good looking. All I could think of was “why?”

     “What?” his eyes slitted even more as the exterior angles of his jaws pulsed slightly in annoyance.

     I snapped myself away from his face and blinked once, thinking back to what I had even said. “Oh, yeah.” I commented before looking back up to him, ignoring his features completely. “Why did you intervene back there?”