Chapter 8: The Next Day

|time skip because I am lazy|

You had already been on the first two rounds and had just finished the last. You hadn't taken very long brakes in between each except to eat or sit down. There wasn't much to do. There were only a few shops, restaurants, and cafés.
You were currently at the hotel getting ready for supper. Roy had asked you to go out with him to one of the nicer restaurants to get something. It was late, but you said yes and could tell he was happy you had agreed.
Even though it was going to be a nice place, you didn't want to be too overdressed. So you had went with black dress pants, (f/c) button down shirt, and small heeled boots. You had even put on makeup for Roy. You had some foundation, blush, and lip gloss.
As you walk out of the bathroom you see Roy finishing buttoning up his shirt. He was wearing a button down white with black slacks and a (f/c) tie. You matched. Accidentally.
He looks up at you and smiles. "We match." He says.
"I noticed." You smile back. His tie is loose so when he walks over to you you look up and tighten it for him. When you're done fixing it you look up into his eyes. He looks back and puts one of his hands on your cheek. He was about to kiss you. You play into it just about to kiss him, and then you slip right out of his arms and dash into the main room.
"What was that for?" He asks. You hear him walking into the room and you look back up at him and smirk. "Just a little bit of fun. You wait until we get back later." He rolls his eyes and sits down next to you.
"Are you ready to head out then? We can walk around some of the shops before we eat." He suggests. You nod your head. You were wondering if you could find any dresses in any of them. Even back at home you only owned a few cover up like dresses for the summer and your old prom dress.
"Yeah. I was wanting to see if I could find some casual clothes. And some other things too." You smile and stand up. He follows in suit and you head over to the door. He holds it open for you and you walk down the stairs and out the front door towards the town together.

Once you make it to the restaurant it was late. It was already 9. But you knew you would still have a good time. The waitress lead the two of you to a booth near the back. You sit across from each other. He orders coffee and you can see why. You just order (f/d).
"So. I'm guessing that you'll be staying in the military for the rest of your life?" He nods his head. "Well, do you have any ideas on how you want to improve the military? Any goals in life?" After you ask he seems to brighten up. It must be something he was very interested in pursuing.
"I would like to continue in the military and I would like to eventually become president. The first thing I would do would be to make sure we didn't start any wars that didn't need starting. And I wouldn't make people do what they didn't want to if it was unreasonable." He seems proud. He did have some good ideas.
"And how do you think that will happen? How will you pursue your dream?" This stumps him for a second. Then he comes up with an idea. "I will continue to work hard, and I am also in the process of figured the homunculi and I have some suspicions. If I can prove them, I might get considered for the job."
You nod your head. Roy had a good goal and an idea on how to reach it. It made you feel worse. You didn't have much of an idea. You knew he was going to ask though.
"So, what about you? You have a dream?" He asks.
"Well, mostly just to do what I need to do to protect others and not die in the process. I think that would make me happy." He gives you a curious look.
"You don't have anything else you want to accomplish? Nothing about your family?" You think about that. "Well, I guess it would be nice for me to see my parents approve of my choice, and also to see them happy. They don't smile barely at all anymore since he died. I don't know if they do or don't but they act like that blame me." You finish, looking down.
"Well they shouldn't blame you for that. No offense, but technically it was your brothers fault not yours. And this are good goals." You smile and nod your head. The waitress comes back with your drinks and you order your food.
The food comes out almost immediately. They had good service and good food. You and Roy finish in no time. When your done and just sitting there waiting for the check, Roy takes your hand from across the table.
"(Y/n), I have a question." You nod your head as he looks into your eyes. "Will you be my... Well for lack of a better word... girlfriend?" He finishes. You look at him dumbfounded. And then you start to smile again.
"Of course. Why would I say no?" He let's out the huge grin he was holding in. He lifts your hand to his lips and kisses it.
"Thank you." He says. Your smile gets even bigger.
"Anytime."