Chapter 1

Today is the day, today is the day i go to my new home. I had been to auction after Auction and no one had interest in me. It was because i was "mean" to the other horses. They put a red ribbon around my tail, but it really wasn't necessary. I don't snap unless i'm provoked and the other horses ridiculed me! So of course I snapped! At least i had bidders on me this time. I began to fear that I'd go to slaughter like the horse i heard of that never sold. The place i was going to was a newer place called Valhalla Onwards. It had a few horse, all my kind. Since this auction ended, my new owner came and slipped a gentle group around my head and lead me out with another. They were extremely gentle, more than i was use to. He lead me to a big metal box and encouraged me into it. I followed, this human didn't seem like he wanted to hurt me. I had a spot where i could look out of the metal box. As soon as we started moving, I looked out of the window. I had never seen the world move by so fast! What was this magic? I looked around the box and saw some food and a small puddle of water. I decided to have a bite to eat. This food was amazing! It was definitely not grass.

After a little while, the movement stopped. I heard some murmuring outside the box. Definitely horses. The human came back again and began to lead me out. Where was I? Would I be mocked here too? So many questions flowed through my head it hurt. I shook of the thoughts.

There was at least 7 other horse there. Two were foals. But that wasn't were my concerns lied. I worried more on how I was going to be treated than how many others there were.

Finally, we reached another box, this one being made of wood and not metal. I was lead inside and the ropes were taken off me. The human step a hand on my face before turning and leaving the box. A door was closed on the box after the human left and I was left alone to ponder my thoughts.
I began to wonder what my name would be. At the auction I was just C068 and was occasionally called a treasure. I decided to wait. While waiting, i had some of the amazing tasting food left in the stall and drank from the contained small pool of water.

A few hours later, a few of the horses were being brought in. It was here that i got a good look at these horses. Their coats were shinny and well groomed, and they looked well feed. The ropes around their faces were similar to the one the human put on me before talking me here. It looked quite comfy compared to the temporary one put on me. I wanted to meet them. But i was scared to because of the experience with others already. One of the foals that was being brought in walked over to my stall and looked up at me. "Hi!" he said, "Who are you?"

"I Don't know quite yet. I've never had a name" I replied to the curious colt.

"Well i'm sure you'll get a name soon. I'm Nitrate by the way"

"Hello Nitrate" I whinnied in delight.

The foal smiled and left to go to his stall. I knew that foals were a nuisance but he was the only one who attempted to talk to me. All the others either shot me a glance or kept on walking. I hope this place was nice. I didn't want to be mean here. One of the humans came to my stall and opened it. They were holding a new rope in their paws. The one around my hear was taken off and this new one was put on. The new one was very comfy. I wanted to see it so i went over to the water and looked at myself. The ropes looked like the ones the others were wearing! I was so happy. Then another human came over and asked the one in my stall "what should he be named?"

"well," replied the one in my stall "When i saw him, i though that he'd be a great show horse some day. I was thinking Plutus' Treasure. Pluto for short as He looks like he's been through hell."

"Names from Greek and Roman Gods? Well alright then. It suits this boy. Now we just have to get him into show shape"

I smiled. I had a name! I wasn't C068 any more I was Pluto! I let out a happy neigh and nudged the human in my stall. "I think he likes it" he said smiling at the other human and petting my face.

"well, I'll go get it engraved on a plaque for his stall. And on the plaque for his halter"

What was a halter? Was it the ropes around my face? And what's a stall? Is it this wooden box I'm in?

"You look like you could use some real food, some more hay and a refreshed bucket of water." Said the human leaving my stall. He came back seconds later with a cart. The cart had a very interesting aroma coming from it. There was more of that delicious food on there. He also brought a really long snake looking contraption he used to fill the bucket of water. He added more of the delicious food, which he called it hay. The new thing he added was some feed. It was really good. After he was done giving all the food to me, he left me alone for the rest of the night.

The next day I was taken outside. I wasn't put with any of the other horses, but I was use to being alone. At least I was being observed by the horses. What were there names? I just want to talk to them. If only I have been treated better I'd have the courage to talk to them. Nitrate, as I saw, was out in the area to my left. He was with another foal, a filly I think. They seemed to have been having a lot of fun. I figured I go close as I can and say hi, seeings how I knew Nitrate a little. As I was walking over, the filly caught wind of me and jumped behind Nitrate. I guess being new was scary to a young foal. Nitrate took a moment to recognize me then started to speak.

"Hi new horse!" He shrilled happily, "You have a name yet? I don't like calling you new horse"

"Yeah, I was just given a name yesterday. Plutus' Treasure, but Pluto for short" I replied happily. It was nice to talk to someone friendly.

"Nitrate, Who is that?" asked the filly shying closer to me but staying close to Nitrate.

"Bella," he snickered a little "This is the new horse, Pluto."

"Pluto? Isn't that the name of the Roman god of death?"

"how should I know? I don't have a fondness for human religions and beliefs"

"true"

"Well," I said butting in a little when the seem to have finished, "the one human who named me said I looked like i went through hell" To be honest, it seemed like i did. I mean, there were so many rude horses at the auctions it was like an evil prison. When i came out of my thoughts, both the colt and the filly looked a little frightened. "don't worry, I didn't actually go through hell. I was just picked on... a lot..." I trailed off. Bella whispered something to Nitrate and then turned and galloped to a bay mare farther away. I assume this was the filly's mother.

"Aren't you going to gallop off to your mother now to?" I said to the colt standing in front of me, drooping my head a little.

"I..." the colt began, "I don't know my mother... Only my father."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings"

"No it's fine, really. She's not dead, just at a different stable. So I never see her. I sure do wish i could see her more but It's fine. I'm happy here, with bella, her mother and my father"

I really wasn't sure what to think. This was the first time i'd ever almost insulted someone but they didn't get offended, but rather corrected me kindly... I might just like it here.

Now a Chestnut Stallion and a Chestnut Mare came trotting over. I guess they finally got curious enough to approach me. I turned to look at them. They look at me. I wait for them to speak first.

"Who are you?"asked the mare after a period of silence. I guess Nitrate got uncomfortable or bored and left but that was fine.

"I'm Plutus' Treasure, Pluto for short. Who are you two?" I responded.

"I'm Fitz, and that's Carlette" replied the stallion.

"Hello Fitz and Carlette" I looked happily at them. "Do you mind showing me around a bit?"

The two horse looked at each other, panicky like. "We can't" stammered Carlette, "We are busy... today and tomorrow"

"at a horse show" finished Fitz.

"Oh, okay..." I knew they were lying. Why couldn't this place be better than the other places I've been? I sighed then walked off back to the middle of my field of grass and lied down. I don't know what to do now. I'm already going down the same path as before. Maybe I really don't like other horses...