One

I rolled off of him, into the soft green grass at the west border of my father's pack.

"Oh, God" I whispered, numb from the waist down. My 17th birthday was right around the corner, meaning I'd be able to shift and sense my mate. Meaning I'd have to stop hooking up with Kel to mark and mate her, have pups, and eventually take my father's pack.

I never found women particularly attractive, but Kel was beautiful, full, pink lips, pale skin paired with jet black hair and bright green eyes, a genetic impossibility, you'd think, but there he was with his tall, almost as tall as I, figure, lean and muscular but not awkwardly gangly. He was still face down in the grass, his face buried in his arms, so I took the opportunity to look over his long body. I resisted the urge to touch more, having just fucked him like a sex hungry dog. I guessed I was. I rolled onto my side to face him and he looked at me, smiling.

"I'll miss this when you go off and get a mate." He scooted closer, facing me with his beautiful body. I nodded in agreement, leaning over to kiss him deeply. He kissed back, pulling me on top of him. I chuckled, tickling him playfully. And we spent the rest of the morning like that.

After that, I headed to the gym, getting in a good workout, sparring with Kane and losing miserably. Then off to the meeting hall for pre-alpha duties. Basically sitting there and ignoring them, but something caught my attention.

" ... young male rouge at the west border. I say we kill him."

My head snapped up. Kel? No... they couldn't kill Kel. Not my Kel. My Kel? No, he wasn't mine. He had a mate somewhere. Besides, I wasn't gay. I couldn't be. I needed a luna, and a son to rule the pack when I died.

"Do you have a comment, Archibald?" My father asked and I shook my head, looking down at my hands. "Don't lie to me." He said and I looked him in the eye.

"I have no comment. Just a question. Why must you kill every rouge you see? Do you get off on it? Because as far as I can tell, there's no reason for such heartless killing without fair trial." I then stood and left.

No. No. No. No. No. Not my Kel. Not my Kel. No. I started to see red, so I ran out to where I knew Kel would be. I pressed him against a nearby tree, kissing him deeply, then down his neck, nipping every so often, not enough to break the skin. I started to grind against him and he moaned, not questioning me. We ended up making love– What? No... fucking. Yeah, fucking, that's what it was. Just a tumble in the sack with a warm body, no more no less–against the tree right then and there.

I kept him pinned, holding him up by my hands around his thighs, which were wrapped around my waist as we caught our breath. I nuzzled my head into his neck, nipping lightly again.

"Ah-Archie?" He whispered, pushing me away and standing on his own feet. I resist the urge to growl at the loss of contact.

"They're onto you. They plot to kill you. You can't come back." It pained me to say this, and I pulled him in to kiss him deeply, wet sounds emitting from where our mouths moved together sloppily.

He moaned softly, kissing me back. We spent the night there doing everything but sleeping.