Ch. 1 Welcome to Hotel Cortez

To those who have taken the time to check out and read my first chapter- Thank You & Welcome! I really hope that you like this and I will tell you this right now, I do not plan on following the story of this season of AHS to the letter. There will be some mentions of the actual plot throughout my story, but that's pretty much it.

Ch.1 Welcome to Hotel Cortez

A yellow taxi pulled up in front of the worn down old hotel. "You sure you want to get off here,lady?" the driver asked as he looked over his shoulder at the woman sitting in the back seat. "This place isn't exactly the Plaza."

"I'm sure," the woman smiled in response before fishing out some cash from her purse. "Here-keep the change," she said as she opened the door and unloaded her bags from beside her. Her pale blue eyes grew big like a child's on Christmas day behind her sunglasses as she looked up at the large building before her. No sooner did she she close the car door after she got out did the driver peel out back onto the street like the hounds of hell were after him. She smiled as she shook her head in amusement. Talk about a scaredy cat! Picking up her bags, she marched inside.

The place was everything she imagined it to be. Sure, the style was a little dated for today's modern age and Lord only knew just how much longer it would stay standing with so much of its original foundation slowly crumbling away with age, but she loved it. It added to the beauty of the building.

"Can I help you?"

Startled, the woman turned around to see a somewhat plump older woman standing at the reception desk, her grey hair and glasses making her seem older than she probably was. Blushing, she rolled her traveling bag behind her as she walked over to the desk. "Megan Stones- I called and booked a room for two weeks," she addressed herself.

"Oh yeah... the college girl,"the receptionist, who's name tag said 'Iris' said, her tone almost condescending. Megan frowned at the unpleasant greeting skills the woman had but said nothing on it. She watched as Iris shuffled through the paperwork before she grabbed one of the keys hanging behind her. "Alright... So this place is more or less a dead zone for cellular service, but we have a telephone in every room for your convenience- local calls are free. 50$ fee for losing your room key,and before you ask- no, we don't have wi-fi."

Megan shrugged. "No worries."She patted the laptop case hanging from her shoulder. "Don't need it for what I'm doing."

Iris frowned bu handed the key over to her. "You room's up on the 4th floor. Cleopatra will help you with your bags."

As she said that, the door leading behind the counter opened and a man came walking out. His head was shaved completely and he had on the classic Cleopatra-like makeup on his eyes. Walking out and around the desk, Megan saw tha the was wearing black skinny pants, a black wife beater tank under a fishnet shirt, and a light blue chiffon shawl, with a variety of gold jewelry and a pair of high heel shoes. Honestly, he pulled off the look better than most women would. "Cleopatra, if you'd be a dear..." Iris said.

Cleopatra took one of the rolling bags and beckoned Megan to follow. Taking her other bag, she followed. As the iron gates of the elevator closed behind them, Megan looked down at the key in her hand. Room 49...

*AHS*AHS*AHS*AHS*AHS*AHS*AHS*AHS*AHS*AHS*

"So when are you coming back?"

Megan laughed as she dropped herself down on the bed, the phone held to her ear. "Jenny- I haven't even unpacked yet, and you're already trying to get me to come back to New York?"

"If you're still packed, it'll be that much sooner you can leave," her good friend Jennifer said. "Seriously though- I cannot believe that you actually chose to stay at Hotel Cortez. I mean, haven't you heard the stories about that place?"