That Boy is a Tramp

Start from the beginning

"I'll never get caught. I live on the street, I'll die on the street." Stiles tells him, grinning at him while he eats his food. "This is the life for me. So much better than living in a stuffy old house and having people tell you what to do." Stiles says, and Scott nods his head in agreement. Stiles does like this life, he misses his parents but they're gone and he doesn't want any other ones, and he looks up when he hears something. "Uh, the police. Let's get out of here." Stiles says, and Scott moves to run with him towards the alleyway where they spend their days.

****

Derek is in the parlor, his mother smiles at him while she waits for Derek's father, and Derek is tempted to just beg her to tell him what they have to say to him already. "Ah, here's your father." Talia says, smiling at him while Derek nods his head. Derek turns to give his father a smile, it's really a grimace, and he waits for them to talk to him. "Derek, as you have noticed we've been acting differently towards you and each other." Talia explains, and Derek nods his head as he fights the urge to make a hurry up motion with his hand. "So we decided to wait to tell you." Talia adds on, and Derek nods his head.

"Mother, please. I'm mature enough for you to just tell me." Derek tells her, brushing imaginary lint off of his pants as he looks at her. Talia gives him a gentle smile as she runs her hand over her stomach for a second, Derek just thinks she's soothing her dress down, and she beams at him.

"I'm expecting another child." Talia tells him, and Derek looks at her in confusion. He's not about to say that his mother is too old to have children, she's not even forty yet but his father is in his forties and he wonders why they waited so long. Weren't they happy with him, Derek wonders. He doesn't say this, but his mother's smile starts to fade some as she looks at him. "Derek? This is a happy thing." Talia tells him, and Derek doesn't want to disappoint his mother so he gives her a smile.

"Of course it is, Mother. I'm so happy for you and Father. I look forward to being an older brother." Derek tells her, and Talia gives him a pleased look. Derek stands up to kiss her cheek as he excuses himself from the room. He's not sure what he should think, his father was beaming with pride, and he sighs to himself as he walks down the street where the twins are outside. Derek walks over and he sits next to Isaac in the dirt, not caring that he has his nice clothes on, and Isaac watches him curiously.

"What's the matter, Derek?" Isaac asks him, building a pretty impressive house out of the mud and clay like earth around them. "You look upset." Isaac says, frowning while Erica walks over to find out what's wrong with him. "Are you moving?" Isaac ask, a bit upset since he doesn't want his friend to leave.

"No, no. My mother is pregnant." Derek tells them, and Erica gasps happily while Isaac nods his head at him. "I'm not sure how that's going to change things, but I think that it will." Derek tells them, and they all hear a chuckle coming from the gate. They all turn to see a boy around their age, his clothes look a little dirty and his hair is a mess, and Erica and Isaac frown at him. "What's so funny?" Derek asks him, curiously. He's a little intrigued by the stranger.

"You know what happens when there's a baby in the house. The baby stays, and the oldest goes." He tells him, and Derek's eyes widened.

"Where would I go?" Derek asks him, and the boy laughs softly while Erica rolls her eyes.

"He's lying to you, Derek. You're parents wouldn't make you leave, he's just a bum." Erica tells him, and the boy snorts as he walks into the garden.

"I might be lying, but just wait and see. As soon as the baby's in the house, you'll be off to a boarding school." He tells him, and Derek looks at him in horror as he shakes his head rapidly. He doesn't want to go to boarding school and he doesn't want to leave his home. "Why don't come with me? I'll teach you how to live on your own." He says, and Derek looks at him curiously before he nods his head.