On a Monday

I lost the message for whoever requested this. Anyways, author's note at the end. Enjoy. 

****

Things were good, Stiles thought. He thought that life was going well and nothing was going bad and that they were doing all they needed to do to keep the pack happy as a whole Obviously not, Stiles thinks looking back at it with a soft sigh. Stiles thought that Derek was comfortable here, that even after the Alpha pack and the death of two betas that Derek was still okay. Stiles was wrong, he thinks sadly. It wasn't long before Derek packed up his things to leave, and Stiles never saw it coming.

Stiles doesn't know where Derek went, he assumes to go be with his sister in South America, and sighs to himself as he lays in his room. He doesn't understand why he misses the wolf so much, it's like an ache in his skin that hurts in different variations. Sometimes, he's mad at Derek for leaving him here. Stiles doesn't know if he wanted to go with Derek or if he didn't want Derek to leave because they are two different things, he sighs to himself as he rubs his eyes, and thinks more. Other times, he doesn't miss Derek. Things are calm now, Scott is being a better Alpha and friend, and Allison is realizing that she was played by her family.

Scott doesn't talk to him about it, Stiles wonders if he was jealous of his friendship with Derek, and Stiles really wants to talk about it but he doesn't know how to bring it up. He thinks that he would feel better if they talked about it, but Scott clearly doesn't want so Stiles just sits alone in his room while he hums to himself. Sometimes, Stiles thinks about Derek more than he normally does. It usually just in passing, something that will remind Stiles of something that Derek would do or say, but every so often there terrible thoughts that plague his mind. He wonders if Derek is safe, if he's keeping out of trouble or if he's in danger, but it doesn't matter since Derek doesn't answer any of his texts.

Like he always does, Stiles checks on his phone to see that he doesn't have any messages from Derek or Scott, so he just goes to bed. He's stopped holding out hope that Derek will just up and text him, Stiles doesn't care if it's about a rash that's starting to spread, about just anything but that doesn't stop him from getting excited when he hears his phone beep.

****

Stiles starts to wonder about the loft of all places, he wonders if Derek just left it or if he sold it. The sickening thought that Derek had been planning to leave for weeks or months makes his stomach hurt, so he tries not to think about that at the moment. He wonders if Peter is keeping the loft clean or if he even cares about it, he probably doesn't Stiles thinks, and Stiles finds himself driving to the loft to make sure Derek didn't leave the sink on or shower or something like that. It's just an excuse to check out the loft but it's okay he figures since no one else seems to care about the loft.

It makes him wonder if no one cared about Derek like he did or does or something, he knows that Isaac still cares about his past Alpha but maybe not in a way that Stiles did or does or did he's not sure about his feelings, but he tries not to focus on it. Stiles thinks that maybe Derek cleared it out before he left, put things in storage or something like that, and he begins to wonder if he just never noticed things being moved in and out from the loft. Derek is secretive so he's not surprised that he didn't notice Derek moving things, or him slowly packing things away.

Stiles decides that the best thing to do, for him at least since he appears to like pain at least in the heart ache variety, is to go to the loft and see what it looks like. Maybe Derek needs help packing it away or maybe it's already empty like he figures it is. He doesn't tell Scott that he's going over, he knows that his best friend will tell him not to go, and he wants to go so he rushes towards his Jeep on his way over. He brings cleaner with him, to wash the floors and the cabinet, and he sort of wants to snoop around to see if Derek left anything good.