Chapter Eight - Family Matters.

Start from the beginning

"Trey an' I may be married but that doesn't mean he has a say on what I should an' should not wear."

"Your right about that." I assured her.

"Yeah." She continued looking my way. "But besides that - I would've never guessed that you just had a baby four weeks ago Nova, you look amazing."

"Your just saying that." I brushed the comment off.

"I'm not." She spoke truthfully. "You seem so happy an' your body .. Looks perfect."

She then sighed lightly. "Maybe one day you'll see what I see."

Sitting back into my seat as she began making her way into the road all I could think of was Mell. I didn't know why but the only thing I've been able to do was think about what he was doing or who he'd been doing it with.

Tonight I had just planned on letting loose a little an' just enjoying the one night I had alone with no worries.

-

Walking into the club with Rach by my side I examined the large building a bit fascinated. Thank God we had no problems getting in because we were barely able to move in certain areas.

"You wanna go get something to drink?" I was in need of a little buzz given the fact that I hadn't been able to drink for over ten months.

"Yeah." She quickly agreed. "Oh shit, go on ahead - I forgot my phone in the car."

"You sure?" I questioned.

"Yeah." I'll meet you at the bar. "Just get the drinks."

Shaking my head in assurance as she walked away I then slowly made my way towards the filled bar, taking a seat beside no one in particular.

Sitting there as each person was given there drinks it was finally time for me to order Rach an' I's drink.

Talking to the bartender giving him my orders I then noticed a presence behind me causing me to instantly turn towards them.

"Can I help you?" I questioned a bit amused by his looks.

He stood at, at least 6'4, chocolate complexion, with thee most handsome face ever.

"Naw." I watched as he licked his lips. "Here you go."

I looked towards him a bit confused as he held out his hand with a glass filled with champagne.

"No thank you." I politely rejected the drink.

"I insist." He forced the drink into my hand while allowing our two glass to toast. "To finally being able to meet one of the most beautiful women in the A."

I then blushed a little enjoying the way he complimented me on my appearance.

"Thank you." I smiled lightly while slowly sipping on the drink he had given.

"Wanna danc--"

"She'd love too."

I turned around to find Rach smiling from ear to ear as she focused her attention towards the guy.

"What?" I questioned a little shy. "I don't even know your name."

"Marcus." His smooth voice replied.