Zyrel

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" one of the men in the group demanded, his voice a deep gruff sound."I..... I." I stuttered, almost wanting to cry from fear.

"Enough, Alcot." One of the other men, the one astride the gray and white horse. "Leave her be, can't you see she's scared?"

The huge man dismounted his horse and strode over to me. His massive hands encased in iron gauntlets yet oddly gentle.

"Are you ok, child?" The giant man lifted my chin up until my eyes met his. "What are you doing all the way out here in the forest, away from Capital City?"

"Capital City..... What?" I stuttered, fear began to well up in my chest and threatened to take over my senses. "Where am I? Did Sera put you up to this?"

"I don't know of anyone named 'Sera'." The huge man removed his helm to reveal a kind face and gentle eyes, a surprise considering how huge the man was. "I do know that you are not from around here, or else you wouldn't be out here by yourself."

"Commander, we were expected back at the Fire Keep an hour ago." The man whom I could only assume was Alcot huffed from his saddle.

"You will hold your tongue." The commander growled. It sounded like rumbling thunder. "Why don't you let me take you back to Capital City?"

I looked up into his eyes; he seemed honest, but I still didn't believe what was happening. This obviously wasn't Earth so I would need help getting back. Back? What the heck am I thinking? This is obviously a dream and I need to just wake up. But this world, whatever it was, seemed so real.

"Who are you?" I asked. He didn't answer as he scooped up my small body.

Back on the horse, he turned north, or what I thought was north.

"My name is Zyrel." It came out barely a whisper. Those were the first of many words he would say as we all rode to "Capital City".