Chap. 1 ~The Blackout~

I can't believe my parents forgot my 13th birthday!

I'm a teenager now, so that's a supposed to be a big deal right?

I didn't get a happy birthday or nothing! I thought they were going to surprise me this morning, but turned out I was WRONG!

The only 2 people who remembered were my two best friends, Jacy and Kacy. They surprised me at my locker at school. "Happy birthday Taylor!" They both cheered in unison.

I was happy that they remember. "Omg guys!" I said enthusiastically. "You're the only ones who remembered!"

Jacy frowned and asked, "What do you mean "we're the only ones?""

"My parents!" I turned to my locker to take out my biology textbook then closed it. "They're treating me like Brick on that tv show the "The Middle!" Btw did you see the new episode last night?"

We walked down the hall as a group. "Yeah it was amazing! But poor Brick though."

The bell rang and it was time to go to biology.

***

After Biology it it was gym class. I just remembered it was dodge ball day! I hate it because I'm always chosen to go head-to-head with Zoey Miller; my arc enemy since the 2nd grade!

So now in the 7th grade, you'd think that now it's so childish, but don't judge me until you've experienced the hate that someone has had for you since they meant.

I saw Zoey point to me as she gave each one of her stupid little squad a bright red ball.

It was horrible that she had plan to get after me, and all I told my friends was to stand in the back.

Our coach blower the whistle and it's game time!

So we all went to the back as everyone in the front on our team got hit, one by one.

Soon it was only the the 3 of us, and the same on the other side- Zoey, and two of her friends.

Just the slightest second, I turned because someone- or I think someone called my name, so I turned around, then something hit the back of my head. That's when I hit the ground, my head felt like it was out of place, and my mind was somewhere else.

Everything went black, then all of a sudden, I felt as if I was falling,

Falling

Falling

Into a deep dark

Dark hole.

I finally landed in a grassy area, but when I looked up, it was my front yard. "That was weird," I said to myself as I brushed the dirt and grass off me and walked in.

There mom and dad were, in the living room, and when they saw me they were a little tense. "Taylor?" Dad asked me.

"Oh well technically I'm not skipping class, so please forgive me!" I pleaded.

"Not that," he said walking closer to me. "What are you wearing?"

I looked down at my blue and red tie dye t shirt with pre ripped skinny jeans and black Converse. "My usual outfit?..."
I was confused of what he trying to say.

"But why is it covered in red stains?" He pointed to my stomach. I looked down and realized I WASN'T wearing a blue and red ty-dye t shirt. It was- blood.

"Huh?" I grabbed my shirt to look at it. Red stains everywhere.

"Never mind, anyway Jewels, you are again incorrect! You spent too much money you have to cut down!"

"Its my fault the "man" of the house can't provide for his own family!" She fired back.

"Guys? Why are you fighting?" I asked walking over to them. "Can't you talk it over like you've always did?"

"Since when does your dad want to talk it over?"

"Yeah and it's not the first time you've seen us fighting Taylor," dad told me.

"What do mean?" This was all new to me. "You always were so in love and never fought like this before."

"What are you talking about Taylor?" My older brother, Travis, popped out of nowhere. "They're getting a divorce this month."

"What?!" Now that was news I've never heard. "When did you talk about this with us?"

"Last night?" He said as he went into the refrigerator and drank the rest of the Orange Juice out of the carton.

"You were there."

Whoa!

My parents are getting a divorce?!
I hope it's not what happened this morning with my birthday and all...

"Well do either of you guys know what day it is today?" I asked.

I knew I shouldn't have, but today is the most important day in a girls life. Or is that prom? Driver's license? First date? Wedding.

"Monday, November 21?" Mom sat down in the dining room table. "So?"

"Monday, November 21, AKA THE DAY I WAS BORN?!"

"Don't be ridiculous Taylor!" My dad went to the kitchen. "Here on our calender, it says that's not until next week."

"Dad that calendar's 4 years old."

"Oh."

"Oh so it is your birthday."

"Whatever it's not like you care anyway."