Oy f*cker

North, Luke, and Nathan all had to go do something so I was left alone with Victor. Who as it turns out, played the piano like an angel, and is a really good teacher. I was sitting there, playing hot cross buns for the eighth time in a loop when he grabbed my hands with an amused smile and suggested we go out to eat lunch.

That's how I ended up in my room having the worst time in the world trying to figure out what I should wear after I shower. It wasn't like I didn't have anything to wear, because I did, but Victor was dressed up really nice and while I didn't mind looking homeless next to him in the house, I didn't want to go strutting around in public like that.

I threw a shirt that had been my first choice until I noticed the hole in the collar across the room into my "no way" pile and dug through some more stuff. Every shirt I managed to scrounge up either was stained, had a hole, or was simply sad looking. I found a decent enough looking skirt, along with a pair of black worn in ballet flats, but finding a shirt that both went with the clothes I'd found, and wasn't entirely horrible was suddenly a feat I'd never had before. I picked up another shirt and tossed it into the pile without looking at it.

I was running out of options faster than I'd like to admit considering I'd only been at this for maybe five minutes, even if it felt like I was taking forever. A sudden idea popped into my head, one I wasn't sure would totally work out but I figured there wasn't any harm in trying.

I walked out into the hall, and checked behind my shoulder and around me a total of 12 times before I managed to make it to Owen's door. Once I made it there I slipped inside and shut the door behind me, a little louder than I'd meant to.

As I waited, hoping Victor wouldn't come up and investigate, I held my breathe. When I was sure I was in the clear I stepped across the room, and pulled open the dresser drawer that I thought might hold shirts. I was wrong though, as I found a drawer full of workout clothes that I just could not imagined my polished Owen strutting around in... Well I could but it was a very strange image indeed. Shutting the drawer, I decided that he was the kind of guy who would hang up his clothes, so instead of trying my luck in the dresser I walked over to the closet, and was met with about forty suits of different fineness.

My heart sank. He didn't have any t-shirts, or even a simple button down for me to steal and borrow for the day. Absently I ran my hand over one of the suits, debating how stupid I'd look if I just took the whole suit and wore it instead of the skirt. Irish Spring soap wafted through the air and I breathed it in, missing the man I barely knew.

"Sang?" said a voice behind me, making me jump and spin around.

I knew my cheeks were on fire when my eyes met with Victor's, but the sound of the suit falling off the bar behind me only worsened my embarrassment. I decided to play it off nonchalantly as I put my hand against the frame of the closet.

"Yes?"

I said, but it didn't go as planned because my hand slipped and instead of gaining support I fell through, my head smacked against the frame and I hit the ground hard on my hand, rolling it wrong. When I hit the ground I knew I had a split .1 second to decide if I'd cry or laugh, and laughing just seemed the better of the two options I'd given myself.

Victor knelt down next to me, confusion etched into his worried expression as he helped me up while I laughed like some kind of idiot. Was it possible to make your own brand of idiot?

"Are you okay?"

His eyes were on my forehead, and by the pain of it I knew I'd given myself a goose egg but I wasn't too concerned. I nodded while letting my giggles subside. The pain was bearable, after all I'd had worse.

Victor smiled curiously, "Okay, now that you're okay, you want to tell me what the heck you were doing?"

Good question, I thought to myself while I assessed the situation from his eyes. Me, feeling up Owen's suit, and then clumsily injuring myself and laughing about it. What an idiot, I said to myself in Hermione Granger's voice.