Chapter 3

(A/N: this photo is just to give you an idea of what the one piece armour looks like)

After a sleepless night, Mira headed down to the training yards to meet Nox. She hadn't felt like eating anything, so she went without breakfast. He was wearing loose black pants and tunic, which had built in armor around his shoulders and torso. He had a sword at his left side with a dagger at his right. He looked strong, confident and hansom. Very hansom. All the women in the training yard stared at him. Then again, all the men stared at her as she approached her brother. A low growl left his mouth as a warning to all the males in the yard. Immediately they averted their eyes and went about their training. If there was one thing her brother was, it was territorial. He was very protective of her. Even though they argued and liked to pick on one another, they still love and cared for each other.

"Well, look who decided to turn up. Come I have a new suit for you. I think you might like it." Mira followed her brother, bearing her teeth at anyone who looked at her the wrong way. Nox lead her into a small room and pointed to the back wall. A black jumpsuit hung from the wall. It was similar to the one Nox wore, but not completely. It was one piece of black fabric. It was armored at the shoulder, torso, waist, shins and ankles. It had a sword holder on her left hip and a holder for her bow and arrows built into the back. She discovered that it had a hidden dagger that flicked out of her right forearm. Nox stepped outside so that she could get dressed. She took her clothes of and slid into her suit. It fit perfectly and hugged her body closely. It wasn't heavy at all and was surprisingly comfortable and easy to move in. She did a a few stretches to see how flexible it was. Not once did it restrict her movement at all. She slid on a pair of leather boots that fit perfectly. Nox had really spared no expense on the suit.

She stepped outside and her brother whistled at her. She punched his shoulder and picked up a training sword and traveled to the sparing ring. He followed her, trying to step on her heels. It didn't bother her too much. She could always kick his butt in the ring. They both took fighting stances, waiting for one of them to attack. Mira moved first, swinging for his ankle, but he was quick to deflect the blow. He ducked her head shots and then switched to offense. Mira struggled to deflect his blows. He moved so quickly and his strength was way beyond her own. But she was much quicker than he was. She twisted and twirled as she blocked his blows. They had been fighting for 10 minutes now and neither of them had broken a sweat. Mira could hear the soldiers talking about them. There must be a crowd surrounding the ring. Nox started to pick up his pace, swinging his sword for her head, then legs and then her stomach. Mira dodged each blow, but struggled to stay ahead of him. He was so close to beating her, but she couldn't let him beat her in front of the soldiers. She locked swords with him, then twirled around too quick for him to react. Finally, she spun her sword and disarmed him is one movement. Her sword was against his throat before he could pick his up."Dead." She said to him.

"Wow, you really have gotten good. Remind me to tell myself on what an except job I've done." He said tossing his hair back.

"You know it was the weapons master that taught me, not you. I had to stop training with you because you get a big head." She spat back at him. He just smiled and walked it off. Mira looked around to see that everyone and stopped what they were doing, so that they could watch the legendary twins fight. They crowd thinned and they went back to their individual training. Mira and Nox practiced knife throwing for the rest of the day. Mira's aim was excellent. She still had some trouble impaling the targets, but in a life or death situation, she would be able to kill with her dagger.

When they had finished for the day, they both headed to have a bath and ordered that their dinner be brought to Mira's chamber. The two sat on her bed, discussing different fighting techniques. Mira tried to not lead conversation towards the war. It was the last thing she wanted to think about. Nox had finished his dinner before Mira was halfway through hers. They talked for hours and hours, until Mira couldn't stay awake anymore. Nox was already asleep at the end of her bed, so she climbed in and made sure her feet were in his face. Very slowly, she started to drift off in to sleep.

Just when she had entered the dream world, a huge rumble, followed by and ear aching crash came from outside. Mira jumped out of bed, Nox at her side trying to shield her from the window. She pushed past him and looked out at the kingdom. It was ablaze. The wall was in pieces and bodies lay lifeless. Mira suppressed a cream that rose in her throat and replaced it with a growl as she sore lengthy, dark ghost like figures. Demon.

So it was official. The war had begun. The demons couldn't wait 4 months.