Chapter - 24 *Outburst*✔

Start from the beginning

I continued walking without uttering a single word. I wouldn't fall for his trap, again. I have had enough. It was now time to take control over everything. I needee to apologize to Noah first. I had hurt him badly today.

Again, thanks a lot, Max.

But the thing that was annoying me was why on the Earth did I touch his hand? What came over me to behave like that?

Jealousy.

Of course not. Max and his flirtatious behavior didn't affect me in any way.

"Um, Jessica?" I snapped out of my thoughts, hearing out him calling my name.

"Yeah?"

"Am I forgiven?" He smiled, hopefully.

I stopped, realizing the dorm was just one-minute away. I turned towards him, crossing my arms over the chest. My blood boiled and anger rushed throughout my entire body.

"Do you think I'm just a toy to you? That you can just come anytime and start behaving all sweetly? That you can just take me out to lunch, and then you just... just disappear without even informing me? And then, suddenly you appear out of nowhere, started behaving like an asshole again, flirting with some random chicks and punched that damn wall for God's knows why? After that, you suddenly decided to just buy me chocolates? Because you think I'm just that easy to play with?" I was shouting at the top of my lungs, and when I finished my rant, I took a deep breath. "And then, you dared to kiss me, again. Why Max, why?" My voice cracked at the end.

He didn't said anything. His eyes softened and he tried to touch my shoulder but I pushed him back flinching. His eyes filled with fear at the movement.

"Stay away from me. I don't want you here. Haven't I told you to leave me alone countless times?" I yelled again, throwing my hands in the air with anger. Max's eyes were filled with fear but I couldn't fathom why.

"Jessica, please, listen!-" he tried but I stopped him.

"No, you listen, Mr. Max Hasington. I have had enough! Now, please leave me the hell alone if you know what's good for you!" I ordered before storming off.

I couldn't even hold in the tears.

I was crying, and the thing is, I didn't know the reason.

I was hurt, and the thing is, I didn't know the reason.

I wanted to go back, and the thing is, I didn't know the reason.

I wanted to let him chase me, and the thing is, I didn't know the reason.

I wanted to give him a chance, but the thing is, I didn't want another heartbreak.

It's better to break your own heart by leaving, rather than having that person break your heart everyday you're with them.

One of the worst things about going through the pain that comes with heartbreak... is the thought that the person you're crying over-may even feel as though you're dying over-is off enjoying themselves, and are not the least bit concerned, and could care less about the pain you're going through.

I still remember the day when he broke my heart. The wounds are still so fresh.

Have you ever been in love?

Horrible isn't it?

It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest, and it opens up your heart, and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all those defences, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, wanders into your stupid life... you give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness. So simple a phrase like 'you're not my type' or 'we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-your-apart pain.

I didn't hate love, but I just hated the idea of being in love with someone.

I could pretend that I hated Max, but deep down at the bottom of my heart, I knew, what I felt for Max was something... different.

But it wasn't hate.

It was... something more.

I could feel my insides sink.

My knees too.

So, I sat on the floor, against the wall.

I thought I had already experienced the worst thing-heartbreak

But this pain is unbearable .

The pain in my chest and the ache behind my eyes.

And to top above all, knowing the fact that things will never be the same, again.

Whatever the things are, I need to control everything. I wasted way too much time crying over people who didn't give a damn about me.

Now, just stop it. Stop everything!

****

How was the chapter?

Emotional?

I used few quotes (Google) to explain the heartbreak as I'm not good in these things... I tried my best but if you want to see more or you have better options please don't hesitate to inform me.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Happy Reading!