Chapter - 24 *Outburst*✔

Start from the beginning

Ah! Stop it, Jazz. You need to control your emotions.

But how could I control those stupid emotions?

They couldn't be controlled!

There is a famous quote:

We might be the master of our own thoughts, still we are the slaves of our own emotions.

But I can't allow them to make my life more difficult.

All this intense thinking was causing my head to hurt. I laid my head down on the desk, hoping the professor wouldn't notice. I was really missing Mahi.

Class ended and I was the first one to rush outside. The reason was to avoid Max. I hurriedly went towards my next class, looking around. I couldn't talk with him, not at least in this state of mind.

"Looking for me?" a voice came behind me.

Speak of the Devil and he shall appear.

I mentally cursed myself for being not noticing him approach as I turned around facing the cocky-son-of-a- bitch.

"Of course, I'd love to devote every second of my day so I could be by your side and converse with you." My voice dripped with sarcasm, and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Well, damn, I must be a genie because I'm about to grant you that wish." He gave me a cheeky smile and sent me a flirty wink.

Damn!

I pushed down a smile, keeping a straight face.

"Yeah, in your dreams," I retorted, shaking my head.

"Ouch, you wound my ego," he put his hand to his heart, as an ersatz look of pain came over his face. I rolled my eyes in response, as he offered a hand. "Shall we?"

I gave him death glare. "Don't test my patience, Max. Spit it out and leave me."

"You want an audience?" he asked pointing towards some girls who were whispering and snickering. When they noticed our gaze, they froze and paled before whispering quieter than before.

I sighed, "Fine, but I get to decide where we go." I wouldn't want him taking me anywhere where he could touch me.

"Do you think I'll--" he started, but I quickly interrupted him.

"Yes, now let's go, before I change my mind," I started walking away, not bothering to wait for him. He called out for me to wait, but I didn't. Sadly, he eventually caught up.

We walked off campus, and I still couldn't come up with the place where I should talk to him. The reason was simple: the city was still unfamiliar to me as I was not a going-out type person.

"Where to?" Max asked, looking around.

"Twenty-five minutes."

"What?" he asked looking confused.

"You have twenty-five minutes, until I reached the dorm. Speak," I said and started heading towards my dorm.

When I realized he wasn't following me, I stopped and turned around. "Are you coming or not?" I asked, looking at his confused face.

"Yeah, of course," he mumbled, catching up with me.

I started walking again, but quickly so I could reach there soon and get rid of him.

"I want to apologize for my behavior. I didn't mean to hurt you," he began and looked at me for any response. But, when I didn't say anything he continued, "I know. I really messed up this time, but please, forgive me."