Lunch Break

It's finally lunch break. I've had to sit next to Niall in every class... I'm not complaining though. I have had numerous jealous girls looking at me and giggling behind my back. Their curious eyes weren't unnoticed when he was told to sit next to me in form. I understand why they all like him though, but I want him to be mine, not theirs.

"Emma! Come on! It's lunch!" I heard Niall shout from in front of me. I shut my locker and headed to the lunch hall with Niall and Shaun. I stood behind them, watching them both closely. They were identical twins. Niall seems like the bad boy but Shaun seems like the kid who follows the bad guys and try's to blend in but can't.

"Thanks to you Niall, I have detention!" I sigh, taking my tray over to an empty table.

"I'm coming with you." He grinned.

"You don't have a detention..." I said, confused.

"No, but it was my fault you're in detention in the first place so I'm not letting you do it on your own." He laughed. I smiled. "Why don't you come round to mine tonight?" He said.

"I can't, sorry." I said, not wanting to give in to him.

"Ok, maybe another night?" He smiled.

"I'm busy most of this week." I stated.

"Of course you are..." He spoke. I just mumbled and continued eating. "So tell me more about you." He continued.

"What do you want to know?" I quizzed.

"Anything. Everything."

"I'm not all that interesting to be honest." I sighed.

"Tell me about you." He smiled, warmly.

"Well... I have a brother named Josh. I love animals and music. I play piano and I sing... I don't really know what else to say." I stuttered. I didn't want to tell him about my past, or my ex boyfriends, or anything personal.

"What about friends, or ex boyfriends? Tell me about them and your family." He spoke.

"I..." I began to stutter and tears began to fall from my eyes. I hid my face, trying to hide my expression from Niall. The last thing I want is him quizzing me about it.

Luckily, I was saved by the bell. As I got up from my table, so did Niall. I fell onto him but he grabbed me. His strong arms grabbing onto my small, lightly tanned arms, protecting me.

"Thanks..." I stuttered, completely aware that the whole of the lunch hall had seen that. I walked away, slowly, all eyes were on me.