Niall purses his lips, shoots the two of them a thoughtful expression. "So we don't resign. We find a new label, then what happens?"

Harry meets Louis' eye, there's vulnerability there and it makes Louis' stomach jump. "Me and Harry go public."

Niall blows out a neat stream of air, raising his eyebrows. "You're really ready for that?"

And Louis gets it, totally understands where Niall is coming from. They've been a couple for less than twenty four hours and they're already making plans to come out to millions of fans and the rest of the world. But it already feels so set in stone that this isn't something temporary. Louis knows it might be ridiculous, but he truly believes Harry's going to be a part of him forever. It's been building up and building up for five years, like someones been laying out stepping stones and they've finally reached the other side of the stream.

"Yeah." Harry answers for him. "I don't want to hide who I am anymore. I shouldn't have to. Neither should Louis."

"I know that." Niall replies, running a hand through his hair. "But you're going to bebombarded. Like, nobody'll leave you alone. Has there ever been a same sex couple in boy band before? You're world firsts, imagine how much pap pics of the two of you'll go for."

Louis swallows, he honestly hadn't even really considered that aspect. "Well s'either that or carry on the way we are. Like, at this point I'm barely allowed to acknowledge Harry's existence."

"The positives outweigh the negatives, like, massively." Harry chips in, twisting the rings on his fingers. "And people'll get bored after a while, won't they? I mean, for the first few months it'll be...extreme. But, s'worth it in the end."

Louis nods, humming in agreement. "And I know this all seems really soon and a bit dramatic, but, me and Harry know what we want."

"S'not not just about us either, y'know." Harry says quietly, glancing at the two of them. "We've got a huge platform, and I wanna use it. D'you know how many kids could benefit from seeing me and Louis out? We could actually help people, we could make a difference."

Louis watches Harry's eyes light up at that and he reaches over Niall's shoulder, just resting his fingers against Harry's back in a gesture he hopes is reassuring. "Exactly."

"If you two are really serious about this, then you know I support you one hundred percent." Niall replies, patting Harry's leg. "I want you both to be happy and if this is what makes you happy, then I'm happy too. It's been shitwatching you avoid each other for years, especially when I could see there was something there. To be honest with you, I always knew you'd end up together though."

Louis groans, poking Niall in the side. "Really?"

"Yeah!" Niall laughs, "I remember saying to Zayn once, in the X-Factor house, 'twenty quid they'll end up shagging.' I should ring him and tell him he owes me money."

Harry snorts, rolling his eyes. "We need to tell Zayn, he doesn't even know we hooked up."

"He's in LA soon." Louis replies, "Invite him over and we'll tell him face to face." It feels like they owe Zayn more than just a hurried explanation over the phone. Zayn had been a huge part of Louis' life, he'd latched onto him when Louis' relationship with Harry had been the most strained. Louis recalls nights on the bus where they'd get too drunk or too stoned and he'd cry into Zayn's shoulder, letting Zayn stroke his hair and pat his back, never offering him an explanation as for why he was crying to begin with.

"We should Skype Liam." Niall offers, glancing at the clock. It's not long before they have to leave for Sony and the thought makes Louis bite at his lip.