4th of July Fun

(Narrator's POV)

It was the 4th of July. The air had just started to warm up from the summer heat and the fact that they were in the middle of a desert. Tonight, the whole town would light up with the soft neon lights and the bright booming fireworks.
The one car most excited for this holiday was Mater. He always loved the fireworks. Most importantly, he loved fire.
Lightning McQueen was parked at Flo's, sipping his oil, when Mater came speeding up. He had a big buck-tooth grin on his face, bigger than what it usually was. This was starting to scare Lightning.
"What's up with you?" Lightning asked.
Mater shrugged,"Aw, I'm jus excited! It's the 4th of July. We's gonna shoot off some of dem fireworks tonight."
Lightning gave him a concerned look,"You're gonna be careful, right?"
Mater nodded,"Of course bud. I'm always what yous call safe."
With that, Mater turned and sped away. Lightning shook his hood,"This is gonna be a long night."
------------------------------------------------------
Nighttime soon came and Main Street was alive with tourists and the glow of the neon lights. The town's annual fireworks were soon to begin, and Mater was bouncing with excitement. He couldn't wait to start blowing stuff up.
It was nine o-clock and the firework show was soon to start. All the townsfolk had gathered at Flo's and were enjoying special alcoholic beverages made by Fillmore. Some cars were more wasted than others, some tourists were passed out drunk. Lightning and Mater were parked side by side, watching as another car fell over from too much alcohol intake. Lightning shook his hood, a little tipsy from the alcohol,"Man, what did Fillmore put in this?"
Mater was rocking back and forth,"I don't know, but it's purty good."
Lightning looked over at Mater, seeing he was extremely drunk. "Mater, how many drinks have you had?"
"I don't know. I stopped countin after 12."
Lightning looked bewildered,"Mater, I think that's enough for one night."
Lightning slowly took the drink from Mater's tire and started to escort him out of the crowd. Mater suddenly backed away from Lightning, frowning,"But I wants to sees the fireworks."
Lightning chuckled,"Okay, fine. But no more drinks."
Mater smiled a drunk smile and started driving recklessly away. Lightning sighed and grabbed another drink,"This is going to get interesting."
------------------------------------------------------
9:30 slowly came, and the fireworks were about to start. Mater was still drunk and was in the front row of cars. Even as drunk as he was, he was still excited.
A few minutes passed and the National Anthem started to play over the speakers. The American flag was raised and the fireworks were booming. Mater was hopping with excitement.
The song ceased and so did the fireworks. The crowd cheered and applause sounded across the canyons. Mater's yells were the loudest. Many cars glared at him for his loud behavior, but he didn't notice.
What they didn't know was Mater had a surprise. Before the show, he had put together his own firework display. Now was the perfect time to set it off.
Mater started driving to where he had hid his suprise. He lifted off the tarp to reveal many rockets and sparklers.
Mater grabbed his lighter and was about to spark a flame, but he accidentally dropped it. He tried to pick it up, but, just then, two little kids were driving by with sparklers. The sparks lit the fuses and the fireworks soon sparked.
Mater stood there in awe, while everyone around him started screaming and driving away. The fireworks ceased and Mater just smiled. He held up another drink and screamed,"God bless the USA!"
------------------------------------------------------
The next morning, Mater woke up on a floor. He slowly sat up and groaned. He had a massive hoodache.
He looked up to see Lightning parked in front of him. Lightning looked as if he hadn't slept in days.
"What happened to you?" Mater asked.
Lightning sighed,"Your little firework show caused a massive fire, had to be put out by Red. You were still drunk so you came over here and started drinking more, and your actions have caused me stress, so I drank myself away last night."
Mater processed everything he just explained. "So you're sayin that my firework show was awesome?"
Lightning stared at Mater and threw a bottle at him. "Dont get drunk anymore, please."
Mater smiled," Just wait till next year."