part1;

-Kai-

Do you ever just question your existence sometimes? Like you wonder why you were even put on this earth, cause trust me I do. Apparently 'We're all on the Earth for a reason.' but I've still not found my reason after 17 years. I guess there's time but I just want to know why I'm here and maybe I'll think differently then.

∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘

I turned my head to the left and checked the time on my alarm clock; it read 5am. I had to wake up by 7:00 so I could be at school for 9-ish and honestly I couldn't be bothered to go back to bed, it wasn't like I slept anyway. I'd been up since 1am, just lying on my bed staring at the ceiling. If I could I would be in the music room playing the piano but we have this rule about playing the piano so early in the morning. Let's just say, the person that may or not be me, woke up the neighbours at 5 in the morning one time. I was banned from playing the piano for a month after that.

I crept, well tried to, out of my double bed and towards my desk. I'd slept in just my joggers due to the hot summer weather that night so I took the 'Vans' t-shirt of my desk-chair and pulled it over my scruffy bed-head. I then advanced towards my bedroom door and turned the knob before entering the long white corridor. Everyone's bedrooms were along this corridor: Lennox and Harlee (the twins), Sage (the smart but undeniable sassy one of us), Jordan (the trouble maker) and last but not least; me. At the end of the corridor were are parents, well foster parents. Honestly they're the best thing that could've happened to me after my parents left me. I was 3yrs old, they were 21 and 22, they said they couldn't handle me at such a young age: I was young too. I try not to think about them to often but ever so often they creep back into my thoughts and I hate it.

-

I continue along the familiar white corridor and jog down the steps at the end of the hall, in the direction of the kitchen for an early breakfast. I turn the kitchen light on and head towards the cereal cupboard. I pick up some random healthy-bran that my moms' make us eat and fetch some blueberries from the fridge to top it with. I pour the contents into a ceramic bowl with a silver spoon and sit down at the breakfast bar. I sit in the room full of silence thinking, just thinking. I like to be around my family, the noise and chaos is just normal for me and I like it. However I like it when I can just be on my own, where I can think and let my mind wander, like now. It's nice to be alone sometimes.

Suddenly I hear a gentle knock on the kitchen door asking for entrance and I reply with a, "Come in!".

A head poked around the corner, dressed in navy and red checked pajamas. It was Sage. Sage often comes down early in the morning like me but not as often. She was in a car accident when she was ten and she's now fifteen but she still has nightmares; which is why she comes down here so early.

"Thought it was you in here." Sage whispered.

"Well you guessed right. What are you doing down here anyway? Nightmares again?"

"Yeah. It's been 5yrs and I still can't manage to get over it..." And I see a single tear drop down here cheek.

I hop of my seat at the breakfast bar and walk towards her before embracing her in a hug. I then step away and tilt her head to look up at me.

"You know I'm not very good at this sentimental crap but just know I'm not gonna leave you okay?" I whisper softly as I place a piece of her wavy mahogany hair behind her ear. She laughs and I see a small smile appear on her tear-stained face.

"Okay big brother!" She replied and I smiled, I like it when she calls me that.

"Come on, I want to play you something."