Hogwarts Most Wanted - CHAPTER SIX

HELLO!!! You guys FINALLY got the ten votes! Luckily for you guys this time it's different...I'll explain later... ANYWAYS ONTO THYN CHAPTER!!!

*************************************************************************************************

CHAPTER SIX

RECAP! Days later the wounds were still fresh but bandaged. I remember walking back into the garden and seeing my dad. I started to back away from him. “Annie? What happened to your neck?” he asked. “Stay.away.from.me. You.ARE.A.MONSTER!” his face went pale. “No I… I didn’t, I couldn’t…I’m, I’m sorry Annie.” With that he turned away and left my life for good. “Make it stop George. MAKE IT STOP!!!” My eyes began to tear again as I slowly sat back on the floor. “Whatever happened, I am never letting you go back, ever.” I gripped onto him also, the thought of revisiting that place again haunting me.

“Thank you.” I whispered.

By the week after everything had been sorted out; I was staying at the Weasleys for the Christmas Holidays with George, Fred, Harry, Ron and Ginny. There was still a few weeks left till Holidays but I was glad I wasn’t going to be intruding or giving short notice of my staying.

I was sitting in the warm, cosy area of the Three Broomsticks, Yvain sitting beside me playing with the spaghetti we had just ordered.

I continued to play with my food, my fork twirling the spaghetti on my plate into awkward shapes. Yvain sat with her food, obsessed with the red orange colour of the sauce. I smiled to myself. Fred and George sat across from me.

Still dazed by my spinning food I hadn’t noticed the light tap on my shoulder until the person behind me cleared their throat. I turned around sheepishly, embarrassed about my dazed condition. I turned to face the person I had expected least, a boy I had only met once.

“Oh, hey Terence, what do you need?” I asked him. I felt the nervousness jumping off his body as he spoke to me. He was much taller than I had realized.

“Hey, uhhhh…um Umbridge wants us to find new… recruits for the inquisitorial squad. Mind joining? You know you and Yvain…please? It’s for extra credit! And I need to find a few more recruits or I get a detention…please?” He spoke nervously and quickly, his body and hands shaking. He had a nervous, twitchy smile playing on his lips that I couldn’t help but return. I thought about the offer, remembering about what George had told me last week.

Harry, Hermione and Ron had started what was called Dumbledore’s Army. A place where they could learn magic and defensive spells without Umbridge knowing. Since I hated her so much, as did Yvain, we decided to try and join. But, unfortunately, since we were Slytherin and talked to Draco on a daily basis we weren’t allowed. To be completely honest I didn’t want to talk to Draco, he would always talk to me and try to get me to date him.

I looked back at Terence; aware of the pain of detention I gave him a straight up answer.

“Sounds good, we’d love to.” I gave him a confident smile.

“Great, meeting tomorrow in Umbridge’s office.” He returned the smile before going back out into the snow.

“You’re doing what!?!” Screamed Fred.

“I’m sorry! I cracked under the pressure!!! I know how much detention hurts…” I started to rub the back of my hand, a natural thing I had started to do.

“Well?” George asked.

“Well what?”

“I’m sure that wonderful mind of yours has thought up a brilliant plan!” I gave him a confused look as I sat back down in front of my food. Suddenly, I wasn’t so hungry. I pushed the plate away and sat silently, trying to come up with a way this could be an advantage.