Anakin Skywalker sighed happily and hugged his newly-wed wife closer to his chest. Their wedding night had been rather ... enjoyable so far. Now the couple only enjoyed the sensation of skin touching skin. Padmé's back was pressed against her husband's chest and his arms were wrapped around her. She couldn't imagine a better place in the galaxy. "Mé?" "Hm?" She snuggled closer, even though this was hardly possible. "I love you so much." "I love you too, Ani." "You have no idea how much you mean to me. You know, what I said back on Tatooine, all those years ago, I was serious. I still think you are an angel." "Oh Ani!" Padmé turned around and pressed a chaste kiss that was full of love on his lips. "You are my angel.", he whispered against her skin. She looked into his eyes and was overwhelmed by the feelings she could see in them. His voice became husky as he continued. "When I asked if you were an angel, being nine years old, I was already falling for you. That's been so long ago, and I've loved you since. The day we parted, after the ceremony in Theed, was the worst of my life. And it still is. From then on, during all my training, there wasn't a moment I didn't think of you. You were everywhere. I saw you in the rising sun, because you brought light to my life. I saw you in the Room of the Thousand Fountains in the Jedi Temple, because you love the water. I saw you in blasters, because they are as dead on target as you are. I saw you in the flowers because they are as elegant as you are. I saw you in the pillars supporting the Temple, because they are as strong and supportive as you are. I would compare something to your beauty, but there is nothing in the galaxy it can be compared to. I saw myself as a lucky man because I got to know you. But now I'm married to you. I can't tell you how honored I am that you agreed to become my wife. I can't tell you how thankful I am." "At the beginning, you were just a spark to me, I have to admit that. And I didn't pay much attention to that spark. That's why I didn't notice that the spark started a roaring fire." "When did you notice?" She gave a shy little smile. "Do you remember our first kiss? The one I ended so abruptly?" He beamed. "Of course I do." "That's when I noticed the fire in me that was burning for you. I tried to cover it with duties and doubts to put it out. But the fire was too strong. It burned everything away." His finger aimlessly trailed over her soft skin. "Where was it? Where was the fire?" She grabbed his hand and placed it directly over her heart. "It started out right here.", she whispered, "But then it spread out. Over my entire body. Every fiber, every molecule of my being, was burning for you." He closed his eyes, a smile spreading over his face, feeling her heartbeat. "When did you realize?", she asked. His eyes remained closed and his hand stayed on her skin as he answered. "It might surprise you, but it was after the pod race, when you congratulated and hugged me. I saw the joy on your face, and it made me happier than my victory. I knew that we would have to part, because thanks to my victory you were able to leave the planet. But I didn't care. You were happy, and that made me happy. Unconditionally happy." "Then you have to be bursting with happiness now, because I'm unable to imagine a greater bliss than being here with you, right here, right now." "Hmmmm.", he hummed. Your heart is beating so fast, angel." "It's because you are so close. It wants not only to beat for you, but beat with yours." She stretched out her hand only a little, because more wasn't necessary to reach him, and placed her hand over his heart. "See,", she whispered, "yours beats equally as fast." He opened his eyes and immediately drowned in the chocolate pools that were her eyes while he tangled his free hand in her hair. They stared at one another for what seemed like an eternity. "After all these years of being apart, I'm glad you don't let reason try to tear us apart.", Padmé broke the silence. "Angel. There is no logic to love and we're lost just like the stars up above." She smiled, grabbed his jaw, pulled him close and they proceeded their wedding night. Later in their life together, they would always remember this conversation which helped them to face any hardships.

Stand up and runOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara