About Sweet Georgia

Welcome to Sweet, Georgia and A Southern Thing series. The story of the Millers is one many families deal with not only in the southern part of the United States, but everywhere. Since I live near the area, I decided to base Pray The Gay Away in Georgia. This story is from my heart, and hits close to home. I find it disturbing that all too often kids are tossed aside or discounted when their parents realize they are gay. For far too many young teens the bullying and lack of parental support is too much and they think they have nothing to live for. There are too many kids in the world who face pressure because they are told they can pray the gay away if they try hard enough.

Pray the Gay Away is a story of good triumphing over evil. The series idea may have started as a joke between Jared Rackler and myself while attending GRL in Atlanta, but the subject is nothing to joke about. Kiernan Kelly was there to joke with us about the book titles, and I'm not sure this is what we originally talked about. I hope I've done this story justice. So sit back, grab a glass of sweet tea, or unsweetened if you must, and relax as you experience the world of Sweet.

The Millers:

Nathaniel Miller - Pastor of a conservative church and Jack's father.

Dianne Miller - The loving mother of ten children, including Jack.

Jack Miller - Football quarterback and all around nice guy, age 18 when the story starts.

Lucy Miller - Jack's best friend of all his siblings, age 16.

Amy Miller - The troublemaker of the family, age 15.

Mark Miller - The second boy in the family and he knows he'll never live up to Jack's legacy, age 14.

Matthew Miller - Jack's biggest hero worshiper, age 13.

Luke Miller - The last of the biblical names, he feels the pressure but doesn't know what to do with it, age 12.

Amanda Miller, age 10.

Lisa Miler, age 9.

David Miller, age 8.

Billy Miller - The one sibling Jack loves above the others. Jack would do anything for Billy, even change his life, age 7.

Aaron Collins - Very strict in his convictions. He moved his family to Sweet because his son was caught kissing a boy.

Nancy Collins - Believes that everything can be made better through prayer and fasting.

Andrew Collins - Loves his parents and doesn't know how to stand up to them. He wants more, but doesn't know how to get it.

If you're interested in the entire book, it is available on Amazon. Visit sarayork.com for more information.