Her Loki

He had killed hundreds of people.
He had betrayed his family over and over again.
He had left her for his selfish whims.
But she loved him. That she was sure of. She knew it like she knew the stars, like her own name. She had tried to support him to the very last moment, but his ambitions had turned to madness. She tried to forget him, and failed every time.
So as Sigyn approached the golden throne room where Odin sat, she was not afraid. "My King." She said. Sigyn was wearing a hooded cape, so her face would not be revealed, and bowed down on one knee.

*************

Many people had told her that her Loki was dead, her beloved husband, the love of her life.
But she knew better.
She knew his tricks.

The night of the mourning, Sigyn joined in with the people marching to the palace, all dressed in varying shades of black and deep grays. The great halls of the the King's palace were shrouded in the traditional mourning colors, and the people all travelled in the direction of the lake outside the palace. True sorrow enveloped the kingdom.

Thor gave a beautiful speech of how Loki had proven himself in the end, how no matter what horrible deeds he had done in the past, how many times he had betrayed his trust, he was a good man, and was always the brother Thor had loved. It had moved the Asgardians deeply, and most wept. Odin did not give a speech, and had only laid Loki's helmet in a chariot, with carvings of the galaxy and the Nine Realms forged in the finest gems and metals. There were carvings of Loki too, depictions of him sitting on a throne beside Thor and Odin, battling, sitting with Frigga, and a final carving in the center of it all of a serene, brave Loki at the head of an army, at peace. Odin sent off the chariot, and very similarly to Frigga's cremation, had archers shoot flaming arrows to burn down the chariot.
She had attended, though did not say words or make herself known. She had only placed a single flower on the chariot before Odin sent it off into the night.

A green orchid, standing out before the dozens of lilies tossed by the mourners on the chariot. Odin was startled by it, and had stared at the mysterious stranger who had placed a flower that held so much meaning for Loki and Sigyn, one of the flowers he had first given her as a sign of his affection. He had enchanted them with magic, so they would never wilt or tarnish. Sigyn treasured the gift and had never told a soul about it.
She expected Odin would have had it removed from the chariot, for the green stood out before the white, and looked so out of place, so strange.
But he kept it, his eyes searching for the person who had put it among the other flowers, the owner of the blossom. The person who he knew was still out there, the one who had tossed the flower, his wife.
But that person was only a memory now.

************

The King signaled for her to rise.

"I need to talk to you in private, with no guards." She announced, twisting her gloves in her hands out of habit.

Odin scoffed. "Why? So you can kill me? I don't even know who you are, peasant."

Sigyn looked at the guards, who were too far to hear clearly if she whispered quietly enough.
"I know who you are, Loki." She took off her hood and revealed her face.

Something flickered in Odin's gaze, maybe memory, maybe guilt. "Come with me."
"Sigyn." Odin said his voice changing as he morphed into a very much alive Loki. Sigyn didn't know how she would react to seeing her husband again, and tried to remember everything, from his jet black hair, now long and grown, to his cool emerald eyes and slender nose.

She tried to speak, but found she didn't know what to say just yet. She didn't know if he expected her to run to him with open arms, or to hit him without abandon.
Instead Sigyn crossed her arms over her chest and stared at him, her eyes boring deep into his. "You have done terrible things, Loki." Sigyn said, not moving a muscle. "You left me."