Wait? What?

I looked up at Sherice and she sighed and laid her head back down. Damn, right now though? Who the hell is at the door?

I groaned and waited for Sherice to release her legs from around my head. My mouth was watering for her taste. I slowly stood up and looked at Sherice. She had a look on her face that I couldn’t describe. I looked away and walked out the room. The banging only got louder.

Who the hell is at the door! The closer I got to the door, the angrier I got. We were so close….we were so damn close….

I sighed and swung the door open angrily. I was shocked to see who it was.

“Dante! I’m so sorry for coming so late but I didn’t know where else to go,” cried Amelia.

She ran into my arms and sobbed. Wth?

I shut the front door and stood there in awe. Why is she here?

“Amelia, why are you here?”

At this moment I was pissed off.

“Dante,” she sobbed and then wiped her nose, “He hit me Dante.”

My heart stopped. I looked at her and lifted her chin up. “What? When did this happen Amelia?”

She pulled away and sat down in the dining room chair. I walked into the living room and grabbed her a box of tissues off the table. I walked back into the dining room and handed it to her. She mumbled thanks and blew her nose. I looked to the top of the stairs and saw Sherice, she glanced at Amelia and looked surprised. Part of me wanted to run upstairs and tell her it was not what she thought.

“I don’t know what happened. I came home late because I was out with Lisa and he started accusing me of cheating and everything else was a blur. “

I was torn. I wanted to go talk to Sherice but I also felt bad for Amelia. I can’t believe that bum put his hands on her.

“Were you busy Dante? I can leave if you want me to…”

My manhood screamed “hell yeah” but my mouth couldn’t say it. She looked pitiful and my heart went out to her. This was my wife just several months ago.
I sighed and kneeled down next to her. “No, you’re fine Amelia. You can stay here tonight on the couch, but tomorrow you need to go to the police and file a report against him. He needs to go to jail.”

Amelia looked at me and nodded. “Yeah you’re right. Thank you so much Dante…” She hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek. “You’ve always been there for me.”

I nodded and stood up. I walked upstairs to go to the hallway closet to get some blankets for her. I glanced at Sherice’s room. Her door was cracked open. I walked over to it slowly and peeked in. For some reason my heart dropped as I saw that she was laying on her stomach with the light out asleep. “Sherice,” I whispered. She didn’t move and I heard her breathing slowly. Dang, she was asleep. We definitely need to talk about what happened tonight, hopefully we will tomorrow.

I shut her door quietly and walked to the closet, grabbed the blankets and went downstairs.

-Eric-

“Babe I’ll be here for the weekend, I promised her that.”

I parked the car and turned off the ignition and waited for Shawna to stop yelling. “But babbby, you said we would spend my birthday together! I will never forgive you if you don’t make it.”