Chapter 22- Yuki's tears

Start from the beginning

Looking back at the blonde I saw realization fill his face. Sakura and Sai followed Chiriko and Yamato to three older monks.

"I have returned. These five are from Konoha and have come at my request." Chiriko announced.

My gaze fell back to Naruto, concern filling my gaze. "Hello, I am Captain Yamato. With me is Sakura, Sai, Naruto, and Yuki."

When Naruto snapped out of his daze he ran to the others, pulling me along behind him.

An old monk looked at us, "From Konoha? That's reassuring."

Naruto grinned, pointing to himself. "Leave everything to me!"

Yamato nodded, "We're prepared to take action anytime."

"We still have to wait for the news from our ninja monks in the field." The old man told us.

"For now, please follow me." Chiriku lead us inside.

"I wonder what they want the bodies for." Sai murmured.

"Indeed. Either he wants the information within the body, or they want to use the actual body itself, like Orochimaru. But I doubt there's anyone around here who uses techniques like him." Yamato murmured.

Naruto grinned, "So the guys inside these five hidden tombs must've been pretty awesome, huh?" He really wasn't paying attention, a sigh formed when he bumped into Chiriku. "Wh-What?"

Chiriku smiled, "They were indeed awesome. But more importantly, they were good people. With the Fire Temple in the middle, to the east, west, south, and north lie the graves of Nauma, Seito, Tou, Kitane, and Teno. They were members of the Thirteen Ninja Guardians."

I felt my ears twitch a little bit. "Teno? Could you mean Teno Okami by any chance?"

Chiriku looked at me, as did the others. "Yes, Teno Okami. Why?"

My body froze as my heart picked up. Sakura, who caught on, eyes widened. "T-That's my dad." I murmured quietly, "The entire time, he's been buried here."

Chiriku's eyed widened as he looked at me. "You're Teno's daughter?" I nodded, he looked at me closer. "I supposed you may be his daughter, you do have his green eyes, but that's all..."

"I mainly look like my mother." I commented quietly, the monk fell silent. Looking up I asked, "Tell me, what is the Thirdteen Ninja Guardians?"

Sakura glanced at me, "I've heard of them."

"Yes, I've heard of them too." Sai commented.

"For real? Are they famous?" Naruto asked.

"I guess you either know of them or you don't." Yamato said. He glanced at me, "The Thirdteen Ninja Guardians is an organization whose members are gathered from all across the Fire Country to protect its Feudal Lord."

"Isn't protecting the Fire Country our job as Konoha shinobi?" Naruto asked.

Yamato looked at him, "Protecting the Fire Country is the responsibility of our village, yes. But there in lies the difference. Konoha is an organization that protects the entire country, where as the Feudal Lord is just one man."

 "In order to protect a country, you need to protect the top, the Feudal Lord. The Thirdteen Ninja Guardians were formed by people who shared that view." Chiriko closed his eyes, "I was very young back then. I was all to eager to sacrifice my life for the Fire Country, and I joined the Thirdteen."

"Then, Chiriku-san, you're-" Chiriku cut Sakura off.

"I used to be anyway."

Yamato looked at us again. "By the way, Asuma-san is also a former member of the Thirdteen."