Horror Story 2

It was a dark and stormy night and the old mansion looked lived in.

A couple: a middle-aged man with his younger wife and their son, Mark, just moved in, not knowing the house's creepy past with its past owners that mysteriously disappeared.

They didn't worry. They didn't need to.

Or did they?

The next day, on Mark's first day of school, they heard a dog barking.

"When did we get a dog," Mark asked, looking at his mom, who was standing behind him.

"We didn't." The mother took a quick glance at the father, who sipped his coffee and read his paper at the kitchen table.

"Must be your imagination, son. Off to school."

Mark trudged off to the bus stop, thinking about the barking dog he heard.

He didn't have neighbors.

If he did, they didn't have a dog.

So, what dog was barking?

Was it trying to send him a message?

Time Skip To After School

Mark stared out the bus window as the bus rolled up to his stop.

There, with a tail wagging, sat a dog, its eyes seeming to say 'Here I am, Master!'

When Mark stepped off, the dog jumped up on him, making him stumble a little.

A girl got off behind him. "What's going on? Are you OK?"

Then, Mark realized it must be the same ghost dog that he heard barking this morning! "Y-yeah... I'm fine."

Little did he know, he was FAR from fine.

Opening the front door of the house, he called to his parents, only eerie silence answering him.

His parents never left the house since neither of them were working.

Mark cautiously and quietly explored the house, to see if he could find them.

Then he saw blood dripping from the closet in their room, a finger visible beneath the door.

Under the bed, Mark discovered a pile of bones, rattly old bones that might have been their from the previous owners of the very house.

Then he heard footsteps coming from the top of the stairs from the attic. Then cackling.

"It's your turn," a female voice called out, a candle and knife floating down toward Mark as the doors and windows locked.