{1}

{1}

"Hurry up and down the shot, will ya'?" Urged Aaidie, passing me a small, pink glass filled to the brim with a clear liquid that burnt my throat. I shook my head viciously, refusing. I slid the shot back on the table towards the girl.

 "No," I told her, my words slurred and sloppy, "I don't want no more."

 The far away music swarmed my around me like a flutter of birds. Without reason, I started violently banging my head to the repetitive rhythm. My eyes slowly lowered to Adidie, whose brown eyebrows were knitted together.

 "Stop that." she ordered.

 "Stop what?"

"That!"

"This?" I asked her, banging my head against the air even harder. I heard her sigh over the music. We slowly made eye contact again; me smiling, her frowning.

"Yes, that."

I could slowly see her loose all interest in me. Her eyes wondered from left to right like they were searching. She nodded at me as she smiled, then slowly turned and walked away. Her hips swayed as she walked, her brown hair swaying against her back and her bum bouncing in the grey skirt she was wearing.

I sighed and grabbed the shot that i had pushed away only minutes before. I lifted it to my lips and poured it down, squealing at the taste.

"Fuck you," I slurred towards Aaidie, who was no where in sight, "I don't need you to have a gooood time." I downed another.

I was stood all by myself, drunk, in a party I didn't even know who was running. I came here expecting to stick by Aaidies side all night, but obviously that had gone down the drain. Aaidie was beautiful, and smart, and full of life. Me, on the other hand, was a thirteen year old girl with boobs as flat as pancakes and a face as boring as hell. I was nothing in comparison to her.

"It's late." I said, just loud enough for myself to hear. I started slumping around the kitchen crammed full of people touching, kissing, drinking. I could even swear a girl who recently left school was having sex on the sink. I cringed and left the room as fast as I could. The world around me spun as I stepped outside, clinging onto the metal banister for support as I eased myself down the steps.

The trees around me were a blur of autumn leaves; yellow, red and brown. The fallen leaves crunched under the weight of my seemingly heavy feet. The cobbled pavement only just supported my body as I hobbled down it in a drunken haze. The cold air flew past me as if in an angry snarl, it's sharp teeth of blistering ice snapping at my bare skin. It attacked at houses, kicking at the bricks, smashing against the  windows, snapping at the slate. A gate hung rigidly by its hinges as it cried in sync with the wind.

I hugged my arms around my waist. The moon was only just visible behind the night hungry clouds, resulting in the foot-path being almost invisible to my drunken eyes. Not only that, but the streetlights helped very little too. The dim light glowed only just enough to enlighten the fish shop with all its lights turned off. The illuminate sign that hung awkwardly at an angle read 'Mrs Jones Fishy Batty Chip Shop' and made the drunken part of my body judder in excitement.

A shadow leaned against the shop, one leg perched bent against the aging grey brick, the other stood straight to the floor. His body was up-right, yet his face was hidden by a hoodie that clung to his body as if wet. In his hand lay a phone, old and outdated, that shone brighter than the brightest lamp. My drunken state saw a flicker of a tongue that scraped out of his mouth and only just made its way past the hidden shade of the hoodie. At first, I thought he was licking his lips, but as I drew closer, I soon realized that he must have been concentrating as his fingers quickly darted across the keyboard of his phone in a rapid technique; a practiced technique. His head moved slowly at first, must've only catching a glimpse of my shoes, then quickly like a dart being thrown at a board.

His dark brown eyes met mine as his pale skin shin in the light of his phone. His pink lips parted, and his nose scrunched up. His forehead creased as he smiled. In my desperate effects to smile and blow him away with my hidden beauty, I stuttered forward, wiggling my bum as I did so. Unfortunately, my pride had nothing in comparison to the alcohol I had in my system as I stumbled, trapped my heal into the cobbled pavement and fell awkwardly onto the shutters.

Two soft hands placed themselves around my waist and steadied me easily back onto the pavement. I groaned as my ankle was placed on the ground.

"Ow!" I muttered. My words were still slurred and my world was still spinning, yet I could focus on the boy who stood in front of me. In fact, I could make out every detail on his face. For instance, his face didn't curve into laughing or even a smile smile that may tug at the side of your lips when you least want it to. Instead, his eyebrows furred together and an atmosphere of sympathy swarmed out of those chocolate eyes of his.

"Are you okay?" His voice was deep, yet calming. I grumbled again, but manged to slur out a small 'yeh, s'pose'  before trying to walk past him. His arms didn't leave my waist, yet instead pulled me closer to him. "You can't walk home in that state. You might have broke your ankle. Here, let me give you a lift." I maybe hurt, but I wasn't completely dumb. I wasn't going to be one of those girls who was just going to jump into a car because it was cool. No. I wasn't one of them.

"No, tar." I tried to walk past him again, but just like before, he tugged me closer to himself.

"I drive a taxi. It's licensed with camera's and all. Com'on, let me jus' give you a lift." I realized that my ankle was truly a mess as I tried to step on it one last time and it caved under me. I looked up at the chocolate haired boy and nodded my head.

"Cameras, yeah?"

"Yeah."

"No funny business?"

"No funny business!"

I looked at him one last time and nodded my head again. "Fine," I caved in and let him lead me, drunken, stupid me, to a silver car with no taxi plate, no number or no cameras on it. But drunken, stupid me didn't notice and hopped in anyway.