Chapter 3.

The next day I felt like shit.

But I have to man up, because I have a big test next week that I can't fail. if I do then I have to go to Summer School. And i'm not gonna go throught that again. So this week I have to study my ass off. 

After I was ready, I jogged out to my car. I threw my bag in the passenger seat and started the engine. I texted Sydney that I was waiting for her in the car. Moments later her screen door opened then closed with a bang. I heard someone screaming from inside and knew it was Philip, her step-father. 

She opened the passenger door and climbed in.

"Ahh! I had skittles in there!" I yelled as she sat on my back pack.

"Oh i'm sorry, Guess I didn't see it." She said with a smirk. 

"Of course you had seen it! I saw you staring at it and get that mysterious look in your eye!" I said getting sad about my now squished skittles. 

"Well, You knew I was going to get in the passenger seat so technically, it's your fault." She said with a laugh.

"I-uh..-er..- Ugh." I said trying to find something to one-up her. But was defeated. 

"That's what I thought" She said smiling and pulling the pack back out from under her. She slid out the package of skittles and opened them. She popped about 4 into her mouth and smiled.

"Hey! Those are mine!" I yelled. 

"Not anymore!" She said with an evil laugh.

We kept arguing on the ride to school. We got to school and i parked the car. We went inside and to her locker. By then she was finishing the skittles.

"Wow I didnt even get any!" I asked pouting.

"You need to be on a diet anyways!' She said jabbing a finger into my stomach.

"I dont need to go on a diet! Im pure muscle baby." I said.

Then I heard someone say,

"You too are so childish!" I turned around to see Zoey standing right there.

I panicked and grabbed Sydney and put her right in front of me as a shield.

Zoey just turned and walked away. So Me and Sydney walked to class.

***

Ugh, I still feel like crap. Running in gym class doesnt help. We were running over a mile today since we got in trouble the last time I was in gym. Right after I pasted the one mile mark I barfed. All i heard when someone passed me was,

"Omg! Gross!" Then i felt someone patting my back. I looked up to see my gym teacher, Miss. Maines.

"Mr. Samuels do u need  to go to the nurse?" She asked. 

"No I think im fine even though im throwing up my lungs." I said with a hint of sarcasm.

"There is no need for that sarcastic tone Mr.!" She scolded.

She wrote me a pass and I headed for the nurses office. When I got to the nurses office i knocked on the door. 

"Come in" I heard someone growl.

I hesitantly opened the door. 

"What seems to be the problem?" She asked.

As I handed her the note, i didnt say a word. No one likes our school nurse cause shes mean to everyone. No one really knows why though.

She let me go home right away. She said it was probably the flu and she didnt want anyone else to get sick. I texted Sydney as I was leaving school that she would have to take the bus or walk home after school.