"A lot. He's different then other guys. Its weird."

"I can tell. Don't loose him."

"What do you mean?"

"I threw away a relationship when I was younger." She shrugs.

"What happened. Well now were engaged."

"But you broke up?"

"Ya. We were both in love. I was just blinded to his love for me. I was scared. I didn't trust god.i broke up with him, we were apart six years. Silly. To think we could've been married already if I wasn't stupid. Sorry to release all this on you. Just. Keep Mercer close. I can see in his eyes he loves you."

"Wow. Thats great. I will. Thanks for the advice."

"You're welcome. I'll be praying for your guys relationship."

"I'd appreciate it." I smile excitedly to her, before returning to the table with everyone else.

"Beck comes back today right?" Reah asks me as we get our breakfast that morning.

"Ya. I'm a little excited." I giggle as I place a slice of french toast on my plate.

"A little. Ya right."

"Hurry up."

"Why the rush. When is he comig back."

"Not till lunch." I sigh exasperatedly.

"Oh boo hoo."

"Shush. I miss him really."

"I know you do. But either way were on life guard duty today."

"What?!" I whine. I hate life guard duty. Basically... Its four hours at the pool with twenty kids who don't follow the rules. I rather be on kitchen duty.

"Yep." She smirks.

"Then I can't meet Beck."

"After the pool. You'll have a fresh tan either way."

"Thats the only thing this is good for." I mumble. Disappointed I won't be able to meet Beck.

"Guys, don't run. Its wet!" I yell for the tenth time this hour to the three boys.

"Classic." Reah laughs.

"Shush. I like how your not helping at all."

"Hey. Don't jump in at the shallow end." She shouts to prove a point. Whatever

"Okay! We have ten minutes left. Can you finish?" I beg whiningly to Reah.

'"Ya ya. You owe me though!" She yells after me as I'm already through the gate. I hurry to the cabin and shower, then pull on some white cotton shorts and a pastel purple top. I brush my hair into a pony tail then head to Becks cabin. "Beck!' I greet him excitedly, but am only returned with a vlank cold stare. "Whats wrong?" I ask confused.

"Like you don't know." He scoffs.

"I don't know. Did something happen??"

"Ya. Your not the girl you played me to be.'

"Woah what are you talking about??"

"This weekend? Kailee don't make this any worse then it already is"

"Beck I really don't know what your talking about." I stomp my foot in fustration.

"I heard what you did while I was gone. Look Kailee, I didn't think you were that kind of girl, nor did I ever think someone would do that at a Christian camp but I can't be with you."

At this point I'm crying, not just out of frustration that I don't know what hes talking about, but hurt. Becks the first guy I've opened my heart to and this is what hes doing.

"I don't know what your talking about." I whisper angerily.

"So you didn't spend this weekend with travis?"

"No!" I shout. "Well I mean, we went to the lake..." I admit "but everyone went!"

"Ya I know. Can you just go Kailee."

"Beck... Fine! Whatever! Don't believe me!" I scream walking out the cabin. Angry tears streaming down my face.

"Why have you been so quiet lately?" Kelsey asks me curiously, as we both lay on blow up mats in the backyard pool.

"Did you know Raelyn had cancer?" I ask, lettong my foot drag in the water behind me.

"She does? I didnt know that." She says quietly.

"Ya... You know... I don't care. But why would I get stuck with her if shes gonna die. I didn't sign up for this."

"No. But God did. I think if you couldn't handle it, it wouldn't have happened this way."

"I want to go home." I sigh.

"I don't"

"What? You don't even like me." I scrunch my nose up. Wincing cause I feel a sun burn brewing.

"I don't. But... I may have grown accustomed to your ways over this summer, and I may miss them if they left."

"You like me?"

"In a step sister way."

"Thats good enough for me!" I giggle excitedly like a little girl. I push myself over to the edge of the pool and grab my phone to text Blaire and Kailee... Then I remember were fighting....

___________________________

Ah! Here you go loyal readers!

Getting good?

I hope you guys enjoy it!

Love you all!

Vote

Fan

Comment

Xoxo