Eight

I awoke with a start at the same dream I'd been having for the last six months of staying in Michael's large house. I was tied to a pole by a dark figure and a match was thrown to my feet, igniting flames around me. It was always horrifying and Michael was always there waiting for me to wake up so he could begin asking me questions. That particular morning I awoke to him staring down at me intently. It wasn't unusual for me to wake up to him staring at me not blinking, or moving in any way. It always freaked me out when he did that, because it reminded me that he wasn't actually alive.

"Good morning" He rasped, making me shiver. His voice always had a massive effect on me.

"Morning" I replied. He smiled down at me and nudged me toward the edge of the bed.

"Get up, Danni. You need to get breakfast." He murmured. I stood and he sent a swat to my bum. I ignored it. As I padded down the now familiar hallway, I shivered at the sight of the glowing blue lights drifting over the floor. The souls of all he's killed. I'd seen him swallow them, making his eyes dialate to black.

I was nearly at the kitchen when I passed it. The room filled with Michael's memories from before. Whatever happened to be before. I felt a nagging temptation tugging at me, and without much thought I entered the room. My hands had a mind of their own as they reached for an orange ball of light. I picked it up and suddenly the room around me was gone, replaced with another.

"Michael come brush your teeth!" A male vouce called. I made my way to a somehow familiar bathroom and saw a tall man with sandy colored hand and warm hazel eyes. I recognised him as my father. But he wasn't my father. He lifted me and set me on the counter, handing me a Scooby Doo toothbrush. I took it and noticed the blue toothpaste. I wished my hair could be the same color as the toothpaste.

"Daddy can we make my hair like that?" I asked, pointing to the toothpaste with my short finger. My father laughed and kissed my forehead.

"Maybe when you're a little older." He replied.

"You mean after I'm old enough to change?" I asked, suddenly remembering a conversation about how mommy died so I could live forever.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I opened my eyes and saw I was covered in thw glowing orbs of Michael's memories and Michael was standing angrilly in the doorway.

"I-I was I didn't..."

"Get out."

"I'm sorry" I whispered. Michael shook his head.

"You will be"