Ring Ring

Scott woke up, relieved to find himself alone in his bed. With Vincent, he figured that it was an accomplishment. His phone rang and vibrated by his bedside, and he let it finish. He'd just woken up, after all, and he wasn't in the mood for socialization. However, he gave the screen a quick glance and saw five missed calls from Jeremy. The phone lit up with Jeremy's name, ringing again. Whatever it was must be important, so he forced himself to push his drowsiness aside.

"Hello?"

"O-oh Scott, thank god you picked up... y-you need to come to the hospital."

"Jeremy, it's eight in the morning. Why do I need to come to the hospital?"

"J-just..." Jeremy's voice was cut off by a sob, and Scott could hear the phone exchanging hands. Mike's voice shouted "JUST FREAKING BE HERE!" before the phone call was ended. Scott sighed and flopped out of bed.

He walked over and shifted through his closet, pulling out his least wrinkled pair of jeans and a polo shirt, then walked out the door. He wasn't in too much of a rush, he was sure everything was fine. Probably just a kid at the hospital looking for some cheering-up from one of the restaurant's mascots, which happened surprisingly often. He had the Freddy suit in the back of his car, sans springlocks, in case of emergencies.

As he walked into the waiting room after a while, he saw Mike holding tightly to a sobbing Jeremy, looking as if he was holding back tears himself, which wasn't a common occurrence. "Guys, what's wrong?"

"V-Vincent..." Mike was mumbling, not using his normal slightly pissed off tone, nor the sweet voice he used with Jeremy. It was a voice filled to the brim with suppressed emotion.

Scott had a slight pang, a shiver through his body, the briefest moment of fear for his purple coworker, but he shook it off, giving an indignant "Why should I care about Vincent?"

He figured it'd be no surprise. He'd told the others about the things Vincent had done, he knew they'd probably understand why he didn't care. But still, Jeremy wailed, and Mike frowned, holding his emotional boyfriend closer.

"Fine, be that way, Scott. But just so you know, Vincent tried to commit suicide last night. Prick." Mike and Jeremy walked away, probably so Jeremy could be consoled.

Scott, meanwhile, just sat in shock, not really knowing what to do.