I shoved the replacement bags under till's shelved area, flicking my hair from my face once finished.

"We?"

Collecting the nuisance hair into one hand I brought it over my shoulder.

"Harry and I, apparently the house is out in the country somewhere."

Patting down my pockets I discovered the tube of lip balm I searched for. Pulling the cap off and twisting the bottom, I smoothed the stick over my lips. My eyes found Dan's, and I quickly came to realise just how intently he had been watching me. I replaced the tube, slipping it back into my pocket.

"That will be fun." He weakly smiled, the usual happy aura he projected dimmed a little.

"Are you doing anything?"

My hands pressed to the work surface at the back of the till area, attempting to hoist myself up to sit. To say it surprised me when Dan caught hold of my waist was an understatement. The shock resulted in me stupidly bumping my head on his shoulder. I winced, rubbing the sore area with my fingertips.

"Are you alright?"

His eyes widened in concern, palms still snuggly holding my hips. I nervously laughed, reassuring him it was fine, only then did he withdraw his presence. It felt nothing like Harry's touch, his was electrifying, brought butterflies to my stomach, warmed me. But with Dan there was just no spark.

"Think I'm meeting up with some friends to mess around on the basketball court."

"I didn't know you played."

"Yeah, I'm not amazing, but it's a lot of fun." The almost childlike excitement he displayed made me smile. "Do you know how to play?"

"Oh no, not really." I admitted.

It was mandatory in school P.E. lessons to take part in ball games, but I had never been very good at coordination. The majority of the time was spent on my bum. But if you gave me something to hit that ball with, say a racket or bat, now that I was good at.

"Maybe I could teach you how, get you scoring some hoops." He joked.

"I don't think basketball is my forte." I humorously replied, swinging my legs back and forth.

My laughter dissolved as I raised my head, Dan had stepped closer, his smile warm. I shifted slightly under his intense studying as an index swiped away stray strands of hair from across my eyes.

"We could work on that." He spoke softly.

***

Dan had insisted on waiting with me until my ride home had arrived. We chatted outside the shop for about 10 minutes before the familiar black vehicle pulled into the car park, becoming stationary in a spot where spaces still remained.

"Harry's here." I informed Dan.

"Oh ok. Well, I'll see you soon, Bo." Dan smiled, lightly stooping to envelop me in a friendly hug.

My eyes widened in alarm upon hearing a door slam, peering over his shoulder to discover Harry storming towards us. Thunderous determination drew him closer.

"Have a good weekend." I replied, rushing our goodbye.

Thankfully Dan had made it around the corner before the annoyed male became known to him. My boyfriend had walked straight passed, fingers barely catching the material covering his right arm.

"Why did he do that?" Harry admonished as he finally addressed me. "He knew I was here, why did he do that?"

His rhetorical questioning was left unanswered with my desperate plea to hold him back. I shoved at his shoulders in an attempt to get him moving in the way he just came. At times Harry's strength was a pain in the arse, mine was no match for his.