"We need to talk. " Marcus leaned down and whispered to his brother.  Mehki looked up at his brother with curiosity before excusing himself from the lunch table.

"What's up?" Mekhi said while walking through the courtyard which was located right off the lunchroom with his brother. It was a warm spring day and the high school campus was lively as the brothers sat down on a near buy bench watching their classmates walk past in animated conversations.

Marcus looked at his brother, though only a mere 10 minutes apart, he took his roll as older brother seriously.

"So, my friend came over and approached me about your friend. "

"Which friend?"

"They weren't clear. Only thing they could tell me was that he was a fag."

Mehki winced slightly. Unnoticeable to many but not to Marcus who slowly nodded his head.
"Alex. He's not a fag. I mean he may be but I don't know anything about it. " Mekhi looked off into a space before meeting his brothers gaze.

"Ok."

"That's it? Ok?"

Marcus looked around and sighed. "I'm not into that. But if your friend is, if you are, that's cool. Cool for you. I would accept you or anyone who you vouched for as long as they are respectful towards me. Like, long as no one try no funny stuff with me. It's cool. And whatever you decide, you know know that's cool with me. I loved you from the womb, bro. Plus, acceptance. You know they preach that in church but I don't need that to accept my flesh."
Mekhi blinked away the tears that brimmed at his eyes and hugged his brother.

"Cool. I'll catch you later?" Mekhi said while walking away, unable to look his brother in his face while trying to contain his emotions.

From that day forward Marcus had been the supportive brother. Now, five years later, he was still defending his brother.

"Yo, my bad. We cool?" Marcus shook off the memory and shook hands with Julius. The two men parted ways once Julius agreed to meet Marcus back at his house that night for the party.

---
Mekhi

Mekhi walked around his room looking for the perfect outfit. He knew later that night him and his friends would be linking up at one of the most talked about off campus parties. He heard people talking about it all week around campus and was excited to go. Music blasted from the stereo as Mekhi laid his outfit across the bed, deciding on black jeans, Nike boots and a black v-neck shirt with a destroyed jean jacket.

Mekhi wasn't what people would typically think of a gay man. He didn't have any feminine qualifies and he didn't date men who had them either. Mekhi also didn't take to kindly to drama and anyone that bought it his way which is why he had to cut off one of his recent suitors.

As soon as he finished laying his clothes out he picked up his iPhone noticing messed texted.

Fuckboy 3: yo, I admit I was wrong. I'm sorry
Fuckboy 3: I can't believe u'd just cut me off.
Fuckboy 3: Forreal Forreal I told u I didn't want nothing serious
Fuckboy 3: FUCK U THEN

Mekhi sighed and brushed his hands over his head. Fuckboy 3 was Byron who he had cut off after running into him on a date with his girlfriend. They had been dating for four months and even though he claimed he didn't want anything serious he was the one who wanted to make it official with Mekhi. So when Mekhi saw him hugged up outside the movies with a woman with short yellow blonde hair that didn't complement her complexion, a too small shirt that had titties oozing out the top and could quite cover her muffin top at the bottom and short shorts with her butt cheeks hanging out the bottom. All he could do was laugh.

"This is what you doing when you're studying " Mekhi said making air quotes when he approached Byron who looked like he saw a ghost. It was as if he queued the theatrics, as Mekhi walked away Byron did a full on production about how the woman on his arm was his cousin and she didn't mean anything to him. Then the blonde haired woman began going off in only the best way a hoodrat knew how.
"Oh my gawd! You one of dem down low faggots. You nasty bitch. You wasn't sayin I was no one last night when you had me suckin yo balls with my fingers in your ass. No wonder yo ass like that back door shit. You one of dem nasty down low faggots." Blondie pranced back and forth, waving her hands above her head and then hauled off throwing a fury of punches hitting Byron, who was now screaming like a little bitch, "you low down dirty butt boy. You probably gave me AIDS!"

At this point Mekhi has witnessed enough and walked away both hurt and embarrasses as a crowd of people walked up to watch the scene that Byron had caused.

I'm going to have to block this muthafucka Mekhi thought as he put the phone down. The only thing he wanted to do tonight was party and he didn't want to entertain any foolishness. Not realizing this was only the start of series of events that were due to happen that night.