33

*ROC*

When we got to the arcade my body tensed up. I spotted a navy blue truck that looked like Ray's. But it could be anyone's right? Rain looked at me with concern in her eyes and I just smiled.

"You excited?" I asked her.

"Mhmm! Excited to whoop your butt at basketball!"

I laughed and we held hands as we walked through the Arcade's entrance. The loud music and bright lights everywhere made me feel like a kid in a candy store! She looked around at some of the games near the front desk while I bought our tokens. I turned around to give Rain her cup of tokens, but she was no longer in eye sight.

Something in me triggered my protective feeling over her and I was walking around machines, twice, even three times looking for her. I didn't see her, or hear her anywhere.

She laughed at me and grabbed a cup from my hand. "What the hell are you doing?" She kept laughing and eventually I did to.

"I was looking for you."

"Oh sorry, I was in the bathroom."

"Well well well." Ray said, approaching us.

I watched Rain's smile completely dissapear from her face and she grabbed her bandaged arm.

"Look who it is. Rain and her little obedient puppy Roc."

"Aye man chill wit all of that." I said, stepping in front of Rain.

He put his hands up in surrender and smiled. "Calm down , and I'm not here to hurt her."

"Good." I spat.

"So Roc tell me. When was it ok to put bro's before hoes?"

I got in his face with my fists clenched at my sides. "Well Ray, I don't see any hoes around here."

"Dang, now she's wifey?"

Prince popped out of no where and pulled Ray away from me.

"Knock it off you two." Prince told us both.

I took a deep breath and looked at Prince. "You better get him Princeton. Cuz if he comes at me or my girl again there will be an issue."

"Ok, ok." Princeton said. "He gets it."

They turned to walk away, but of course Ray had to get his last words in.

"Waaaait a minute. I don't understand why he's so upset when he's probably hurt the bitc* more than me!"

Rain then jumped in front of me because she knew I was ganna snap.

"Slow your roll Ray. Me and him have NOTHING to do with ANY of you, so mind your buisness."

"You're pretty bold Princess. Maybe you and I need to arrange another place to talk cuz that knife must not have gone deep enough."

I pushed Rain out from in front of me and jumped at Ray. He ducked my first punch, but I caught him the second time around. In my periphereal I saw someone pulling Rain away, I was just glad she wasn't ganna be around this. When all was said and done Ray walked off with a limp and I still stood tall.

Employees were eyeing me, and I knew I wasn't welcome. I looked for Rain in the direction I saw someone take her and gasped when I got outside and saw her. She was crying in Prodigy's arms.

"Aye man! Don't touch her."

Rain pulled her face out of his chest and looked at me.

"Prod is ganna give me a ride home." She said to me.

"Like hell he is!"

Prodigy held Rain tighter and it only made me more mad. "Roc calm down ok."

"Calm down!?" I yelled. "How are YOU of all people ganna tell me to calm down!?"

Rain kept crying into Prodigy's chest and I wanted nothing , more than to have her smiling and be in MY arms.

"Roc just go. Please." She said to me.

I stepped closer to her and Prod acted more protective. "Prod. I'm not ganna hurt her ok, just let me say bye."

He sighed and finally moved away so I could touch her.

"Rain baby please, just come home with me."

"I can't, not yet."

I leaned in to kiss her, but she acted like she didn't want to.

"Rain, don't be like this. I love you."

She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me passionately before walking off with Prodigy to his car.

"Damn." I mumbled.

It took me a good 20 minutes to calm down before I could pull out of the arcade parking lot.